• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Mariners @ Angels (7/16/21): Heaney on the mound, Eaton in RF & batting 7th

11 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Make up your mind kid.

No you are not a troll at all!

Please show me where I made one negative comment about the signing.

My argument has always been I would prefer to keep Ward in the of and Matsh in AAA because i do not believe Marsh would perform better his first exposed to the majors.

Had you followed that thread you would understand that. But you are to narrow minded trying to be a troll!

Even now i preferred Ward over in LF and Goss at 3b.

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m as critical as anyone of Maddon but he really did nothing wrong tonight.  When you are chasing 3 runs you go to your secondary options, which includes the likes of Bundy, if for no other reason than to save the pen.  If you use your best relievers in games your down 3 or less then you have to use them 130 times a year.  

Do you like Goss in LF over 3b?

Do you like Rengifo and Wong as pitch hitters?

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

No you are not a troll at all!

Please show me where I made one negative comment about the signing.

My argument has always been I would prefer to keep Ward in the of and Matsh in AAA because i do not believe Marsh would perform better his first exposed to the majors.

Had you followed that thread you would understand that. But you are to narrow minded trying to be a troll!

Even now i preferred Ward over in LF and Goss at 3b.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here. None. 

My "Make up your mind" comment speaks to you wanting to be "left alone" and yet you are quoting me and engaging in posts not even directed to you. Whatever, it's just really odd so make up your mind...

And enough with the trolling BS. I get it, you like Ward. You think he is an ED MLB player. I don't think he is an ED MLB player and I backed it up empirically with facts. How is that trolling? If someone has a different opinion than you do and expresses their opinion they are not a troll, they merely have a different opinion than you do.

It is obtuse to think otherwise.

Have a nice evening. Good night.

At this point, there's no harm in cutting the vets that are losing you games and bringing up kids that may or may not lose you games. 

Once the trade deadline comes and goes, Bundy, Heaney and Quintana better effing be gone. Replaced by young guys with an actual future in MLB, instead of a past. 

Except you know Heaney is going to dominate in a new uniform and it's going to piss everyone off. 

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

At this point, there's no harm in cutting the vets that are losing you games and bringing up kids that may or may not lose you games. 

Once the trade deadline comes and goes, Bundy, Heaney and Quintana better effing be gone. Replaced by young guys with an actual future in MLB, instead of a past. 

Except you know Heaney is going to dominate in a new uniform and it's going to piss everyone off. 

Except Heaney is GRich-lite.  Not much chance he dominates at the MLB level.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I’m as critical as anyone of Maddon but he really did nothing wrong tonight.  When you are chasing 3 runs you go to your secondary options, which includes the likes of Bundy, if for no other reason than to save the pen.  If you use your best relievers in games your down 3 or less then you have to use them 130 times a year.  

Great point, agree. 

Just got back from the game. Club level section 322. Great seats, great crowd, nice comeback try. It hurt like hell when that ball was caught for the last out, but still an exciting 9th inning.

Bundy needs to be DFA immediately. He killed us tonight. Heaney needs to go too. 

By the way, no cash is accepted at the stadium. Credit cards only for parking and all concessions. No more cheap beer. Minimum $10.50 a cup of draft, $15 for premium. 

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Just got back from the game. Club level section 322. Great seats, great crowd, nice comeback try. It hurt like hell when that ball was caught for the last out, but still an exciting 9th inning.

Bundy needs to be DFA immediately. He killed us tonight. Heaney needs to go too. 

By the way, no cash is accepted at the stadium. Credit cards only for parking and all concessions. No more cheap beer. Minimum $10.50 a cup of draft, $15 for premium. 

I'm going Sunday, is apple pay working yet? 

I went in June and it wasn't working then.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I totally disagree. I think Maddon should have left Wantz in the game with 2 outs in the 6th. I said it at the time. Wantz had only thrown 22 pitches, five consecutive outs. We know he is fresh having only pitched once since his call up and he has been stretched out as a starter in SLC. Ideally, he gets the last out in the 6th, pitches the 7th and, who knows, maybe even the 8th if he has an easy 7th. There really was no reason to pull Wantz after 22 pitches. That was a Maddon decision and it backfired on him. I think we maybe win this game if Maddon keeps Wantz in the game. And your observation about chasing 3 runs is completely valid but the argument actually supports keeping Wantz in the game.

I hope as we move though July and into August Maddon relies less on the retreads like Bundy, Quintana (he pitched well tonight) and Heaney and more on the young arms. Even if this is another lost season there is value in that.

6 hours ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

I totally disagree. I think Maddon should have left Wantz in the game with 2 outs in the 6th. I said it at the time. Wantz had only thrown 22 pitches, five consecutive outs. We know he is fresh having only pitched once since his call up and he has been stretched out as a starter in SLC. Ideally, he gets the last out in the 6th, pitches the 7th and, who knows, maybe even the 8th if he has an easy 7th. There really was no reason to pull Wantz after 22 pitches. That was a Maddon decision and it backfired on him. I think we maybe win this game if Maddon keeps Wantz in the game. And your observation about chasing 3 runs is completely valid but the argument actually supports keeping Wantz in the game.

I hope as we move though July and into August Maddon relies less on the retreads like Bundy, Quintana (he pitched well tonight) and Heaney and more on the young arms. Even if this is another lost season there is value in that.

So you wanted Wantz to pitch three full innings, ok.  Maybe it works. If it doesn’t then you have him in your pen for 4-5 days till you can use him again. He was “stretched out as a starter” to the tune of averaging 3 innings. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So you wanted Wantz to pitch three full innings, ok.  Maybe it works. If it doesn’t then you have him in your pen for 4-5 days till you can use him again. He was “stretched out as a starter” to the tune of averaging 3 innings. 

Is there a big difference between 1-2/3 and 2 innings? One of the stupidest moves I see Maddon make is pulling pitchers that are effective with two outs. It wastes resources.

25 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Is there a big difference between 1-2/3 and 2 innings? One of the stupidest moves I see Maddon make is pulling pitchers that are effective with two outs. It wastes resources.

No there isn’t a big difference, it’s one out.  If he gets one more out then Claudio or Bundy start the next inning and who knows what happens, we were still down three runs, and that means you aren’t using your “primary” guys.  

6 hours ago, Lou said:

I never sleep well. I'll probably skim over it in later while I watch the British Open.

22 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Maddon didn't lose this one. Heaney sucked (shocker) and put them in a hole. Then the offense quit for 7 innings.

Just a shit game. Don't care that they "made it close". They lost. 

Thank you. I've decided to pass.