• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ranked choice voting

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Might be.  Might just be the same shit.  

California puts the top vote getters from the primary on the ballot. There is zero party choice come general election. It’s a great way for a party to maintain power

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

California puts the top vote getters from the primary on the ballot. There is zero party choice come general election. It’s a great way for a party to maintain power

I’m not sure I understand what you mean.  If we were having 2 democrats as the only choices in the general id understand the concern but it’s never like that.  Or hasn’t been.  

19 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not sure I understand what you mean.  If we were having 2 democrats as the only choices in the general id understand the concern but it’s never like that.  Or hasn’t been.  

That is how they do it and it has happened before

https://ballotpedia.org/Top-two_primary

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-senate-primary-election-20160607-snap-story.html%3f_amp=true

Edited by Jason

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I understand how it works.  I forgot about this one.  Ya that’s not great.  I’m not going to defend California’s election systems because I think they’re dumb.  I don’t think it’s great to have two democrats as the only options, so I get what you’re saying.  But also, realistically I don’t think that the Republicans are screwed out of a senate seat.  They lose by 20+ points in all the statewide elections they’re in. If they had serious candidate - they rarely do in the last decade - it wouldn’t matter they’d get on the ballot.  They don’t contest the state seriously.  Because of the 20+ point deficit.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I understand how it works.  I forgot about this one.  Ya that’s not great.  I’m not going to defend California’s election systems because I think they’re dumb.  But also, I don’t think that the Republicans are screwed out of winning in the state.  They lose by 20+ points in all the statewide elections they’re in.  It doesn’t make a difference.  GOP isn’t getting cheated out of a senator here.  

I agree. A party with a super majority can do whatever the fuck it wants

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I agree. A party with a super majority can do whatever the fuck it wants

I mean what do you think we should do.  The states electoral situation is what it is.  Should we give the Republicans a seat since they can’t get elected ? Should the red states in similarly tilted situations do the same ? 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean what do you think we should do.  The states electoral situation is what it is.  Should we give the Republicans a seat since they can’t get elected ? Should the red states in similarly tilted situations do the same ? 

Nope. It is what it is. There are a lot of libs in this state. If people don’t like it they should probably move