• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Yankees (6/29/2021): Schebler back in LF, Ward in CF, Rengifo in RF

Just now, failos said:

Who is trying to convincing you Heaney is better than what he is?

I don't remember specifically who has mentioned it, but in various threads over the course of this season (and previous ones), multiple people have pointed to his FIP, his K rate, and other metrics to show that he's really "better" than the traditional numbers show.  I'm all for advanced metrics, but at some point, the person on the mound has to be responsible for what actually does occur.  Sure, it's great that his FIP is a lot lower than his ERA or whatever--but he still has complete meltdowns every now and then, gives up too many HRs, etc.  He just drives me crazy.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't remember specifically who has mentioned it, but in various threads over the course of this season (and previous ones), multiple people have pointed to his FIP, his K rate, and other metrics to show that he's really "better" than the traditional numbers show.  I'm all for advanced metrics, but at some point, the person on the mound has to be responsible for what actually does occur.  Sure, it's great that his FIP is a lot lower than his ERA or whatever--but he still has complete meltdowns every now and then, gives up too many HRs, etc.  He just drives me crazy.

Stat geeks can be very myopic.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

It’s probably because Heaney had a couple good starts this year. He’ll show flashes of greatness one start and completely fall apart the next. I think we all know he’s not very good at this point.

On 6/26/2021 at 3:13 PM, rafibomb said:

I definitely think we can get a lot more than what people realize for Heaney. The analytics departments will see how good and valuable Heaney has actually been this season: 3.67 FIP, 11.14 K/9, 2.62 BB/9 and 1.44 HR/9.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:15 PM, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I said in another post, we just lack a number 3 or better starter and a late inning Bp arm. 

Othani is the true 1 and Ace.

Cobbs, era is high but his other stats show him to be much better. Fip and XFIp are under 3. 

Heaney, High Era, But Fip and Xfip are around 3.6. 

Sandoval needs to just keeping on doing what he does. 

We just need to replace Bundy 

On 6/15/2021 at 3:25 PM, Stradling said:

No, but it is an indication of how well he pitches.  While you are at it look at the FIP of both Barria and Heaney.  Those are indications of pitcher controlled run prevention.  

These are a few recent examples of what I'm talking about regarding Heaney.