• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Proposals

SoWhat

The problem with trading guys like Kendrick is that he is home grown talent who is contributing and has a team-friendly contract. They have to look at trading players like Downs, Vargas, Hanson, etc...

Those guys won't get you a good return, but I'd rather hold onto the homegrown guys who actually seem to give a shit this year.

The problem with trading guys like Kendrick is that he is home grown talent who is contributing and has a team-friendly contract. They have to look at trading players like Downs, Vargas, Hanson, etc...

Those guys won't get you a good return, but I'd rather hold onto the homegrown guys who actually seem to give a shit this year.

I agree. Although Aybar seems to be going down defensively and maybe offensively ( hard to say because he was lead off for so long and he just doesn't do well in that position). He may be a good trade.

I think it is incredibly important that they pick up a quality catcher (i could care less about offensive production, they need a defensively dominant catcher that knows how to work with pitchers), anyone know of any that may be attainable?

I agree. Although Aybar seems to be going down defensively and maybe offensively ( hard to say because he was lead off for so long and he just doesn't do well in that position). He may be a good trade.

I think it is incredibly important that they pick up a quality catcher (i could care less about offensive production, they need a defensively dominant catcher that knows how to work with pitchers), anyone know of any that may be attainable?

What would we have to give up to get Mathis?

On a serious note, the problem with trading players like Trumbo or Bourjos, or even Kendrick and Aybar, is that it pretty much throws the towel in on the next few years and that's a pretty crappy message to send to the remaining players (namely Trout, but also Weaver, Hamilton and Pujols). That said, if the Angels are truly out a month from now then I could see trading Vargas, Wilson, and a few relievers for prospects. The pitching staff probably needs to be rebuilt in the offseason anyways. That said, there aren't a whole lot of good starters as free agents next year so they might want to hold onto those guys.

Unfortunately, I think the only way we're going to dump a lot of the garbage on this squad is to pick up someone elses garbage. That would leave Los Doyers and the Canucks as maybe the only two viable MAJOR trade candidates.

Honestly though, you can call up Cron, Grichuk, Lindsey in September, see how they play and then possibly deal Howie, Trumbo, etc this offseason.  That wave of players is not fat away. 

Scott is right about Howie. Unless we get a magnificent offer he won't be traded until this offseason at the earliest (and probably not until after 2014 in all likelihood). Lindsey is developing some power this season but Scott is correct in getting him up for a cup of coffee to see how he fares so that the front office can get a better idea of their options. I really don't see Trumbo going anywhere but I do agree that our younger players should get September calls and some regular playing time to showcase their talents for eventual spots on the big league club or for possible trades for pieces we do need.