• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Proposals

SoWhat

One scenario for this offseason might be the Yankees. If Lindsey does show enough maturity and ability to play and hit in the Majors, there is an outside possibility that Cano doesn't resign with the Yankees (we are talking about another potential $200 million contract for a player who is 31 years old and embroiled in the Biogenesis scandal) and the Skanks might want to trade for Kendrick (who has done extremely well in Yankee stadium over his career).

In that scenario we might ask for a couple of prospects like Gary Sanchez and Jose Campos or some other combination that makes sense for us?

really a shame Madson can't get healthy.  He would be a perfect trade piece to a contender at the deadline.

+1....he would be the most logical trade piece if we continue to struggle....re-signing him, with Boras involved, would be unlikely (or at best difficult, to say the least).....relievers generally get a good return at the deadline....but, he can't get us anything from the DL....

I would not be in a hurry to trade Vargas, unless I thought he was focused on being a free agent...he's a California guy and Boras isn't involved so I'd consider re-signing during the season...I know that's not prefered but why not? We aren't going anywhere, he's a good middle of the rotation guy and if he wants to sign a reasonable deal, I'd do it....

I really don't think Cron or Grichuk are anything more than guys in a system. I highly doubt they become anything more than organizational depth at AAA or a platoon bat.

Lindsey is far more interesting as he is a 2B. That said, he doesn't have great plate discipline and I doubt he is a better option than Howie for any considerable length of time during the rest of Kendrick's deal.

I really don't think Cron or Grichuk are anything more than guys in a system. I highly doubt they become anything more than organizational depth at AAA or a platoon bat.

Lindsey is far more interesting as he is a 2B. That said, he doesn't have great plate discipline and I doubt he is a better option than Howie for any considerable length of time during the rest of Kendrick's deal.

Slightly agree on Cron.  I am not as high on him as others are - Seems like a bat only DH who isn't impressing much with the bat.  That's a problem.

Disagree on Grichuk.  His bat speed and potential power are very intriguing.  Not to mention he has wheels, great defense and a good arm.  Definitely think he can be a MLB starter one day, but will for sure be a utility OF type at the least.

Lindsey could be a star. BB % has increased from 4.2% to 4.9% to 7.9% in the past 3 years.  Eddie Bane may have been right about him.

He's 23 years old, and has 903 at bats in the minors. 137 K's and just 34 walks. Maybe he will end up being a valuable player, but all I see is a guy limited to DH/1B who can't get on base at a decent clip.

I mean really, 34 walks in 900 at bats? Even Aybar has more patience than that.

He's posting a 2.8% BB rate this year. After posting a 3.1% BB rate in High-A in 2012.

Jeff Francouer, one of the biggest hackers in the game, has never posted a BB rate in the MAJORS lower than 3.4%

Yuniesky Betancourt's career BB rate in the majors is 3.3%

Both of those guys are pretty awful big leaguers, and they've been able to play non-1B positions(not particularly well in some cases, granted)

Cron expands his zone way too much.

And I'm not seeing the comparison between him and Arenado.

Arenado never posted a BB rate in the minors lower than 4.8% in the minors. And that was in High-A in 2010 when he was 3 years younger than Cron was when he was in High-A. Since then, he posted 8.1%, 6.8%, and 6.7% marks in the minors.

And he plays 3rd base. Where as Cron is locked into 1B or DH, and doesn't project to be a particularly good defender at 1B either.

Cron is going to need to make A LOT of good contact to not be an out machine(like Pablo Sandoval does) unless his approach drastically changes, and he still has concerns about his ability to handle upper tier fastballs.

It's not a good sign that the supposedly advanced college bat with minimal defensive value they picked 17th overall in 2011 still has this many questions.

Regarding Grichuk, you realize that after posting a 165/242/325 line in April, he has gone on to post a 311/347/644 in May, and a 324/381/378 line in June. I call that making an adjustment to the league and playing in a cavernous park. He was just named to the league's all-star team. I see plenty of upside in Grichuk.