• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Mariners @ Angels (6/3/2021) Gosselin leading off, Upton 4th

27 minutes ago, failos said:

Don’t forget the great Brad Fullmer

image.jpeg

I remember team with most heart, 1962 Angels. They did not have one star. 62 team great manager as he handled bullpen so well. Tampa reminds me of 62 team Tampa plays with grit, determination and the pursuit of victories.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

If I was local I would spend all kinds of cash on tickets every time Ohtani started at home. You get to see him on the mound and at the plate.

It's a good investment on entertainment.

I’m also trying to take advantage of the social distancing at the stadium. It’s nice having a row to yourself

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I remember the fire and determination of guys like Erstad, Salmon, Spiezio, Eckstein, Percival, and all the rest from that glorious year of 2002. There's nobody on this team with a fraction of that winning spirit. Heck, I sometimes wonder if some of our players even have a pulse when they take the field. Going through the motions and collecting their millions. Fans, do the wave and pound down those $14 beers! Fourth place is ours and nobody can take it from us! Arte, buy another over-the-hill free agent please!

Upton looked like he was going to break his bat at one point last night. 

Would that be the type of Fire you seek?

11 hours ago, ukyah said:

what did callaway do that was so special his previous year with the angels?

The Angels starters improved as season went on. Tehran was the only shitty. Bundy pitched as a #1 and Mayers pitched great down the stretched and so did Pena.

The also had Barria the last month.  His career ERA as a starter is better than Heaney and I believe better than Canning.  

But he has 0 starts this year.

Edited by stormngt

18 minutes ago, stormngt said:

The Angels starters improved as season went on. Tehran was the only shitty. Bundy pitched as a #1 and Mayers pitched great down the stretched and so did Pena.

The also had Barria the last month.  His career ERA as a starter is better than Heaney and I believe better than Canning.  

"As the season went on."  "Down the stretch."  "The last month."  The damn season was only 60 games long.  Lol.

32 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Man you really love Barria.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

"As the season went on."  "Down the stretch."  "The last month."  The damn season was only 60 games long.  Lol.

Where they not pitching well down stretch?  Yes or no?

For the season ERA: 60 games

Heaney 4.46

Bundy 3.29

Canning 3.99

Barria:  3.62 (why is he at Salt Lake?)

As I said Tehran sucked at 10+

Sandavol was 5.65

Mayers 2.10

This year: 58 games

Heaney:  4.76

Bundy:  6.49

Canning:  5.82

Sandavol has improved to 3.8

Mayers: 4.91

I do not know if Callaway made a difference or not.  I made my comment in jest.   However its ignorant not to say Bundy, Heaney, and Cannings are not significantly worse.

I will criticize the scouting of this organization as much as anyone, but I still think they know a bit more than you or me or even Doc or Inside Pitch about what's best for the team. 

I think they use quite a bit more than ERA when determining who to have on the staff. 

Edited by tdawg87

22 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Where they not pitching well down stretch?  Yes or no?

For the season ERA: 60 games

Heaney 4.46

Bundy 3.29

Canning 3.99

Barria:  3.62 (why is he at Salt Lake?)

As I said Tehran sucked at 10+

Sandavol was 5.65

Mayers 2.10

This year: 58 games

Heaney:  4.76

Bundy:  6.49

Canning:  5.82

Sandavol has improved to 3.8

Mayers: 4.91

I do not know if Callaway made a difference or not.  I made my comment in jest.   However its ignorant not to say Bundy, Heaney, and Cannings are not significantly worse.

It's 60 games last year, slightly fewer this year.  Are they "worse" this year?  Yeah, sure.  Does it mean that there is something materially different?  Maybe, maybe not. Bundy had a 4.91 ERA in his last 4 starts of 2020, much higher than his first 6 starts.  Was that decline Callaway's fault or Bundy's?  Neither season has provided much of a sample size for starting pitchers to draw any hard and fast, overall conclusions--and certainly not enough to say that the switch from the sexual harasser to Wise is responsible for any differences that do exist in performance (even if you did make that comment "in jest"...). 

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

It's 60 games last year, slightly fewer this year.  Are they "worse" this year?  Yeah, sure.  Does it mean that there is something materially different?  Maybe, maybe not. Bundy had a 4.91 ERA in his last 4 starts of 2020, much higher than his first 6 starts.  Was that decline Callaway's fault or Bundy's?  Neither season has provided much of a sample size for starting pitchers to draw any hard and fast, overall conclusions--and certainly not enough to say that the switch from the sexual harasser to Wise is responsible for any differences that do exist in performance (even if you did make that comment "in jest"...). 

For Christs sake!  Jest means "not to be taken seriously".  If you look there are question marks behind my comment.  Meaning there doubt to it.

Quit being a dick!

13 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

LOL...  So much butthurt. 

Split W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP SO9 SO/W
Home 3 2 .600 6.52 5 4 0 0 0 0 19.1 21 14 14 5 11 0 19 0 0 1 88 1.655 8.8 1.73
Away 1 2 .333 5.25 5 5 0 0 0 0 24.0 24 15 14 6 9 0 31 0 0 1 103 1.375 11.6 3.44

Park Factors: (Over 100 favors batters, under 100 favors pitchers.)
    Multi-year: Batting - 106, Pitching - 107
    One-year: Batting - 107, Pitching - 109

https://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor Overall

https://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/sort/HRFactor  HR factor

People who don't understand the "nature of science" or willingly ignore it, shouldn't speak about matters above their mental capacities.

Are those Bundy's numbers this season? If so, he's still been terrible on the road. But hey, lets blame the so-called hitters ballpark that is Angels Stadium even though it has always been a pitchers ballpark. Marine layer makes Angel Stadium a tough place to hit at night. So now the marine layer is gone and Bundy is struggling? You don't know science well. What's next? It's the Zodiac Killer's fault that Bundy is terrible at home? 

15 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Are those Bundy's numbers this season? If so, he's still been terrible on the road. But hey, lets blame the so-called hitters ballpark that is Angels Stadium even though it has always been a pitchers ballpark. Marine layer makes Angel Stadium a tough place to hit at night. So now the marine layer is gone and Bundy is struggling? You don't know science well. What's next? It's the Zodiac Killer's fault that Bundy is terrible at home? 

I like that you are this dumb. Makes us all feel better about ourselves.