• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB top 40 trade Candidates

So, MLbtraderumor just released their top 40 trade Candidates, I though it would be Interesting to see a few guys we could go after. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/06/top-mlb-trade-deadline-candidates-rumors.html

This is who I would Prefer

1. Duffy. He's putting up solid numbers, is a free agent after this year and should not cost much. The concern is the track record for the past few years, he been a back of the rotation arm. 

2. Soria. Will help the Bp and could be a cheap option. he has closed and pitched in the 8th.

3. Bard, another cheap option. Should really help the Bp 

4.Gray amd Castellanos. This one is Interesting, If the Reds are still trying to cut payroll, could a package of Castellano and Gray  happen? it would help shed the payroll, but the value decrease for Gray and if the Reds want full trade value, than I doubt this happens. 

Long shot. 

1. Scherzer

2. Mean and Marquez 

More importantly...

16-17. Dylan Bundy (RHP) & Andrew Heaney (LHP), Angels: Bundy has been rocked in his past three starts, which has sent his ERA spiking to 6.50. His velocity is up this season over its 2020 levels, however, and he’s sporting similar marks in K-BB%, SIERA and other secondary indicators that he carried during his excellent 2020 season. If Bundy continues to struggle with the long ball, which has been an issue for him in the past, then his stock will obviously dip. If he looks like he did in 2020 or through his first six starts of this season, however, he’ll be one of the market’s more in-demand rentals. It’s a somewhat similar tale for Heaney, who has had a roller-coaster season beginning with a miserable season debut. He’s sporting a 5.24 ERA but with demonstrably better K-BB numbers and fielding-independent marks. With the Angels six games under .500, Mike Trout absent for another six to seven weeks and a new front office regime installed, the Angels could sell off some short-term pieces.

19. Raisel Iglesias, RHP, Angels: The 31-year-old has run into some uncharacteristic homer troubles since being traded to the Halos, but he’s also sporting the best K-BB% of his career thanks to a career-best 35.1 percent strikeout rate and a career-low 3.9 percent walk rate. His ERA is just shy of 5.00, but most teams will expect that number to trend downward in the months to come. Iglesias is second among 184 qualified relievers with a 21.1 percent swinging-strike rate, and his 37.9 percent chase rate is tied for 19th.

3 minutes ago, HanfordGuy said:

I would like to see the Angels acquire German Marquez. His numbers are very good when not pitching at home in Colorado. Trade Jose Iglesias and get Simba back.

If we crawl back into the race, a deal for Story and Gray/Marquez *could* have some legs as a deadline blockbuster to put us back into it. We match up pretty well with Colorado actually. They always need pitching and we have some minor league volume we can offer up - but not too much - as well as young SS/OF. A lot of our depthy AAA/MLB guys like Barria, Suarez, Thaiss, Rengifo could draw attention to fill out a deal too. 

Edited by totdprods

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

If we crawl back into the race, a deal for Story and Gray/Marquez *could* have some legs as a deadline blockbuster to put us back into it. We match up pretty well with Colorado actually. They always need pitching and we have some minor league volume we can offer up - but not too much - as well as young SS/OF. A lot of our depthy AAA/MLB guys like Barria, Suarez, Thaiss, Rengifo could draw attention to fill out a deal too. 

I think people are dreaming if you get Gray or Marquez for Barria, Suarez package. You would have to start with Canning or Fletcher.

13 minutes ago, HanfordGuy said:

I would like to see the Angels acquire German Marquez. His numbers are very good when not pitching at home in Colorado. Trade Jose Iglesias and get Simba back.

9 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Marquez is my dream guy, But I rather not go after Story as he is a free agent, and i would spend the money on a pitcher (s) in free agent.

To get Marquez, its going to take a big package. 

10 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Marquez is my dream guy, But I rather not go after Story as he is a free agent, and i would spend the money on a pitcher (s) in free agent.

To get Marquez, its going to take a big package. 

Gray(?) and Story both being free agents could keep cost down though too. But I agree, rentals are too risky unless the Angels pull off a steal and already had intent to pursuing these guys over the winter.

Blackmon could weirdly be involved to save Rockies some money too but yikes. I worry Minasian is Reagins 2.0 and a deal for an OF prospect involving Blackmon would be Wells all over again. 

Edited by totdprods

Just now, totdprods said:

Gray(?) and Story both being free agents could keep cost down though too. But I agree, rentals are too risky unless the Angels pull off a steal and already had intent to pursuing these guys over the winter.

Has there ever been real, consistent evidence that the notion of "trade for a guy in mid-season so he can fall in love with your club and sign a long-term contract after the season" is actually a thing?  I see people mention it every year once chatter about the trade deadline begins--but it seems like it's pretty darn rare in reality as an executable strategy.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Has there ever been real, consistent evidence that the notion of "trade for a guy in mid-season so he can fall in love with your club and sign a long-term contract after the season" is actually a thing?  I see people mention it every year once chatter about the trade deadline begins--but it seems like it's pretty darn rare in reality as an executable strategy.

Not midseason but Lindor and Betts were both likely to be courted by the Mets and Dogs and quickly re-upped before they hit FA.

I think it’s a clunky strategy but I would define Minasian’s moves as a little clunky already so...

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Not midseason but Lindor and Betts were both likely to be courted by the Mets and Dogs and quickly re-upped before they hit FA.

Right, I'm aware of them--but I'm specifically asking about mid-season, since that would be the case with Gray and Story.

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Off top of head I think Carlos Beltran, Matt Holliday, and Chris Davis all signed extensions after being dealt midseason. Nothing too recent but again, acknowledging it’s rare. Almost like a FA signing back with original club, like Aroldis did. 

I don’t think it happens but if Perry was already all jacked up on Story or Gray as a FA target and the team was close and a deal made sense, I’d imagine there’s a chance of him doing it even if they didn’t sign. 

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Off top of head I think Carlos Beltran, Matt Holliday, and Chris Davis all signed extensions after being dealt midseason. Nothing too recent but again, acknowledging it’s rare. Almost like a FA signing back with original club, like Aroldis did. 

I don’t think it happens but if Perry was already all jacked up on Story or Gray as a FA target and the team was close and a deal made sense, I’d imagine there’s a chance of him doing it even if they didn’t sign. 

Don't think Beltran did, unless I'm missing something.  And Davis' free agency was a few years after he was traded.   So, yep, pretty darn rare occurrence.

Unless the Angels really make a push over the next 30 games or so, I just don't realistically see them being viable contenders for any of the major trade pieces.  Not being pessimistic--just trying to be realistic.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Don't think Beltran did, unless I'm missing something.  And Davis' free agency was a few years after he was traded.   So, yep, pretty darn rare occurrence.

Unless the Angels really make a push over the next 30 games or so, I just don't realistically see them being viable contenders for any of the major trade pieces.  Not being pessimistic--just trying to be realistic.

I don’t expect it either. I’d rather they sell now and play the kids...at this point I think they’d be almost as likely to make a push with Barria, Sandoval, and Suarez in the rotation as Quintana, Bundy, and bad Cobb/bad Heaney (and whatever pieces they bring back) over the next 6 weeks. 

Just saying if they did somehow creep back in, Story and a pitcher could be targets given how we match up. The fact that we’d possibly pursue a FA SS of his caliber and a solid SP like Gray is coincidental. And again, not too sold on Perry being the savviest GM. 

22 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Off top of head I think Carlos Beltran, Matt Holliday, and Chris Davis all signed extensions after being dealt midseason. Nothing too recent but again, acknowledging it’s rare.

Didn't Paul Goldschmidt?  That's pretty recent.

Adding to the Story idea...because he’s a pending FA, it might *increase* the chances of Marquez also being discussed. No way do the Angels consider dealing a top prospect for Story since he’s about to walk, but if Marquez came into play, then maybe Adell or Marsh become much more available. 

I’d love Marquez but pretty leery of buying right now. I’d wait until winter and sell all I can next two months. 

I also think Adell would rake in Colorado and they’d absolutely be interested. 

Edited by totdprods