• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jose Quintana

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Quintana good for about 3 inn, good candidate for bullpen? 

smarter people than me need to evaluate whether being a starter is the best way to use him if he can't go at least 5 innings (and be reasonably effective). 

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Makes even Nibs look like Maddux.

26 BBs in 33 innings 🙄

Its ridiculous. 

Yeah the defense seems to constantly fall apart when he's on the mound but he's managed to generate outs on his own at a clip where even a bad walk rate would have been manageable.

K/9 13.39, HR/9 1.34, FIP 4.40, xFIP 3.90....   But the BB/9 6.95.

Dude is running a 4.40 FIP while walking 7 guys per game.

Its nutty.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

smarter people than me need to evaluate whether being a starter is the best way to use him if he can't go at least 5 innings (and be reasonably effective). 

The amount of people he's walking makes him a negative in either capacity.   And as crazy high as his ERA is, an analytically leaning team in the hunt might actually see value in acquiring him if they believe the control issues are something they can fix.

At this point I just want him to stop walking ppl between now and 7/31.

27 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The amount of people he's walking makes him a negative in either capacity.   And as crazy high as his ERA is, an analytically leaning team in the hunt  might actually see value in acquiring him if they believe the control issues are something they can fix.

They would need to be sure there is nothing to the shoulder thing first.....

31 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He can walk as many people while on the IL as he wants providing that he stays on the IL.

55 minutes ago, DMVol said:

They would need to be sure there is nothing to the shoulder thing first.....

Obviously that's true.  I hope its one of those phantom injuries that teams claim when they can see a guy has his head up his ass.

54 minutes ago, eligrba said:

He can walk as many people while on the IL as he wants providing that he stays on the IL.

Meh, the only way to get any value if the team is indeed dead at the deadline would be to deal him.  So, I'm hoping they fix it if its fixable.  Even getting a middle RP would be of help moving forward.

22 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

The amount of people he's walking makes him a negative in either capacity.   And as crazy high as his ERA is, an analytically leaning team in the hunt might actually see value in acquiring him if they believe the control issues are something they can fix.

His first 2 or 3 inns have been decent. Halos signed Quintana for 8 mill. The highest priced pitcher on Tampa 6.5 mill. Rays in WS last year and 35 and 20 now.

On 5/30/2021 at 6:32 PM, Inside Pitch said:

Remember when you were told the end result might end up being the same but the two pitchers weren't anything similar.  That remains true even now.

You can keep bringing this up thinking you're right but you continue being soooooo wrong.

I'm not knowledgable enough to dissect nuances of pitchers. 

I am tired of this team needing two frontline SP, those pitchers being available, and this office choosing to go with 1 year deals on pitchers with potential upside. 

2 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm not knowledgable enough to dissect nuances of pitchers. 

I am tired of this team needing two frontline SP, those pitchers being available, and this office choosing to go with 1 year deals on pitchers with potential upside. 

Well, I don't think you are alone in wanting to see them FINALLY add a top of the rotation arm.  I believe we can all understand your frustration there.