• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Car issues

Figured some of you may be some real Doogie Howsers with auto's, so here goes.

I've got a 2012 Hyundai Genesis.  Recently, when locking the doors with the fob, 3 of the 4 doors are locking but not the driver door.  Same on unlocking.  Also, the trunk isn't locking with the fob.  No other issues with the driver door though.  Window works fine.  Thoughts?

I'm not a mechanic.

Obviously it's electrical. Since it's just certain parts of a bigger system not working I'd first check the circuit panel. This is a DIY type thing and the panel should be to the left of the steering wheel and/or under the dash on the left side. Could be as simple as a bad fuse. You can probably Google and Youtube how to do this and be checked in 5-10 minutes. If that checks out then  I'd start to look at electrical harnesses which would require a mechanic unless you want to give that a shot and it can be done as DIY for assessing.

My initial thoughts are a simple shorting with your circuit panel, maybe the lock motor itself. I'd probably also replace the fob battery just to eliminate that possibility. 

Look around the web:

https://www.gencoupe.com/threads/drivers-side-door-doesnt-lock.79127/

Edited by Brandon

I'll check the fob (feel like I've replaced the battery in it within the past 6 months...), maybe even look for the 2nd one and see if it responds the same way; and I'll check/replace the fuse.  Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I'll check and see if there was any type of recall on this issue.  Worst case, off to a mechanic.  Thanks, B!

Hahaha, couple of real comedians over here.  First of all, I'm a somewhat unsuccessful male real estate agent.  Sucking at something isn't gender specific.  And, yes Lou, I'm aware there is a key.  The wife doesn't have the requisite thumb strength to turn it once slid into the lock mechanism.  Hahaha!

18 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Hahaha, couple of real comedians over here.  First of all, I'm a somewhat unsuccessful male real estate agent.  Sucking at something isn't gender specific.  And, yes Lou, I'm aware there is a key.  The wife doesn't have the requisite thumb strength to turn it once slid into the lock mechanism.  Hahaha!

She's a vegan, isn't she?

I bet she's a vegan.

Could have a faulty door lock actuator on the driver's door. I have replaced several of them on different vehicles. It isn't that bad of a job if that is what it is.

If it was a fuse, it wouldn't affect just one door.

I have never known for a fob to lock the trunk.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

On 3/28/2021 at 6:39 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Could have a faulty door lock actuator on the driver's door. I have replaced several of them on different vehicles. It isn't that bad of a job if that is what it is.

If it was a fuse, it wouldn't affect just one door.

I have never known for a fob to lock the trunk.

This. Sounds like the same problem I had with a Toyota Camry I used to own. In ten years, the only problem the car ever had was the door actuators. I think three of them failed over time. This sounds like the same problem. 

I have owned three different vehicles that had door lock actuators fail. The hardest one to replace was in a 1984 Lincoln Town car - mainly because I had to piece it together from the old one and the new one, because the extension shaft was the wrong length on the one that I bought from the dealer.