• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: D-Backs @ Angels (03/12/2021) Stassi catching

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

What did you have to do to get it?

Nothing. @Chuckster70 noticed him sitting near us with his wife and kid and I went over and asked him. 

The problem is that I was knelt down on the top step and I was not sober and also fat so when I tried to stand up I fell into the dude sitting in the next row.

Good times.

Edited by tdawg87

51 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Nothing. @Chuckster70 noticed him sitting near us with his wife and kid and I went over and asked him. 

The problem is that I was knelt down on the top step and I was not sober and also fat so when I tried to stand up I fell into the dude sitting in the next row.

Good times.

That was a great trip @tdawg87!

IMG_20210312_154852.jpgIMG_20210312_154213.jpg

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Well to be fair, his arm is well rested. Let it fly! 

A lot of the baseball experts are predicting that Ohtani won't be able to keep playing as a 2 way player because it will be too stressful. It's probable just me but being a DH doesn't sound so stressful when you might get 3 or 4 ABs per game with a couple of innings in between ABs to rest up.

Pitching can be stressful, but DHing on the side should be very doable it seems to me. Ohtani is a big strong kid of 26 years old. When I was 26 I was still young enough to feel invisible. Rosenthal said he expects Ohtani to pitch no more than 100 innings, I hope Ohtani proves him and others wrong, like he did in 2018. After ST in 2018 they said he should start the season in AAA, before he went on to win the ROY.

He sure has looked good so far this ST. I was a little worried that he wouldn't be the same after having TJS. He sure has turned it around from last year. I have been impressed with his plate discipline and his improved swing so far this spring. I was pleased to see Ohtani hit 100 MPH and show off his killer splitter. I won't be surprised to see him win the comeback player of the year. 

35 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

A lot of the baseball experts are predicting that Ohtani won't be able to keep playing as a 2 way player because it will be too stressful. It's probable just me but being a DH doesn't sound so stressful when you might get 3 or 4 ABs per game with a couple of innings in between ABs to rest up.

Pitching can be stressful, but DHing on the side should be very doable it seems to me. Ohtani is a big strong kid of 26 years old. When I was 26 I was still young enough to feel invisible. Rosenthal said he expects Ohtani to pitch no more than 100 innings, I hope Ohtani proves him and others wrong, like he did in 2018. After ST in 2018 they said he should start the season in AAA, before he went on to win the ROY.

He sure has looked good so far this ST. I was a little worried that he wouldn't be the same after having TJS. He sure has turned it around from last year. I have been impressed with his plate discipline and his improved swing so far this spring. I was pleased to see Ohtani hit 100 MPH and show off his killer splitter. I won't be surprised to see him win the comeback player of the year. 

I don't know if it's stressful so much as it's just hard to master two different things.  Being a top-flight SP AND hitter .. I mean, Babe Ruth aside, this hasn't really been done.  It's just hard to maintain two-way excellence.  But so far this spring, so good - he looks very good at both.

36 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

To be expected. When Ohtani does it successfully, the naysayers will change their narrative to focus on longevity. I don’t know any past major league player with the ability to hit and pitch as well as Ohtani. I think there are lots of people hoping he fails as punishment for not selecting the Yankees or Red Sox.

52 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

If Ohtani stays healthy we could be watching one of the most talented players ever to play this game.

12 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Love the idea of Maddon slotting Ohtani/Walsh between Trout and Rendon. IMO allowing Rendon to hit 4th gives him better RBI chances. I see Walsh as more of a #5-type hitter, but if he can stick hitting 3rd then i'm 100% all for it.

Though what I'd prefer is Iglesias slotting in the #2 slot. Both he and Fletcher are low strikeout guys. Having Trout, Ohtani, Rendon and Walsh slot #3-#6 makes the RBI chances ridiculous and quite scary.  

None of this will happen. No chance. They will not move Trout out of #2 and take away 40-50 ABs. It will go Fletcher Trout Rendon Ohtani. Nothing else really makes sense. 

11 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

None of this will happen. No chance. They will not move Trout out of #2 and take away 40-50 ABs. It will go Fletcher Trout Rendon Ohtani. Nothing else really makes sense. 

Remember, it is Joe Maddon making the lineup.  I think you must also account for the moon phase, celestial patterns and his gut when considering a possible lineup.