• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Jesse Chavez to a minor league deal

mmc

35 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Jesse Chavez Ravine

Clearly this is an FU to the Dodgers.

Brooklyn says the stadium should have been named Carpetbagger Stadium.

Sorry Latriner fans, can’t say the same for the Rams and Lakers.

Baseball was an institution in Brooklyn.   The NFL wasn’t that old when the Rams moved from Cleveland, and the NBA wasn’t very old when the Lakers moved here. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

46 minutes ago, Lou said:

Our pen is loaded with isn't bad.

That's actually a fair point. The pitching staff in general, both at the major league level and AAA is filled with pitchers in the "isn't bad" category.

In this case, "isn't bad" likely describes back end starters and middle relievers. 

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing or just a thing. Just a casual observation.

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

Maybe he's a good character guy

"Character guy" will be this year's most used phrase since "spin rate."

i used to hear the padres talk about that A LOT, when they sucked ass.

character guys are fantastic, when they can ball still. trout's a character guy.

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

i used to hear the padres talk about that A LOT, when they sucked ass.

character guys are fantastic, when they can ball still. trout's a character guy.

Well, we can always talk about Chavez's spin rate instead.

I don’t think it’s the primary reasoning, but the accumulation of #5 type SPs, MIFs, and RFs still leads me to believe that Minasian is building up an MLB-ready safety net of vet players to hold down the fort in the event a trade opportunity for a frontline arm or Contreras comes up that would zap us of some of the Barria, Sandoval, Rengifo, Adell/Marsh types...the MLB ready depth that we’re basically relying on to compete and fill MLB roles in some capacity. 

That way if he does pull the trigger he isn’t rushing someone like they did with any of the arms or Adell. He can stopgap with these vets until a prospect truly deserves a shot.

Edited by totdprods