• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any Concerts you Missed...

...that you wish to have seen?

I’ll start with Live Aid ‘85. 

Speaking of Wembley... INXS in ‘91. 

‘74 Skinyrd in Oakland before people were easily triggered. 

The Who ‘70 Isle of Wight. I would give my left nut to see Keith Moon live. 

GnR ‘92 Use Your Illusion Tour

What concerts do you guys wish you could go back in time to see?

Edited by Lhalo

5 hours ago, Lhalo said:

...that you wish to have seen?

I’ll start with Live Aid ‘85. 

Speaking of Wembley... INXS in ‘91. 

‘74 Skinyrd in Oakland before people were easily triggered. 

The Who ‘70 Isle of Wight. I would give my left nut to see Keith Moon live. 

GnR ‘92 Use Your Illusion Tour

What concerts do you guys wish you could go back in time to see?

Those are some solid picks. I didn’t have much interests in concerts back then (still don’t) but looking back some would have been fun to see. I think Queen would top my list. As I’ve gotten older I’ve learned to appreciate their music more 

There's a bunch. Mostly because I didn't have much money when I was young.

Pink Floyd I never saw.
Also Queen.
I would have liked to see Dire Straits. Neil Young.
To name a few.

On the other hand I saw some bands multiple times.
The Who I've seen twice. I've seen Yes twice.
I've seen 'X' about a half-dozen times.
Elvis Costello twice. The Damned twice.

Saw a lot of bands only once, too numerous to mention but I'm very grateful that I got to see Led Zeppelin in 1977 at the Forum in Inglewood.

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

On the other hand I saw some bands multiple times.
The Who I've seen twice. I've seen Yes twice.
I've seen 'X' about a half-dozen times.
Elvis Costello twice. The Damned twice.

Saw a lot of bands only once, too numerous to mention but I'm very grateful that I got to see Led Zeppelin in 1977 at the Forum in Inglewood.

Well done. You’ve seen some great shows. Did you see ‘X’ and Costello in the 80’s?

We wanted to see McCartney back in 2019 but found out about the concert at Doyer Stadium late and didn't go.  Saw on the news that night he brought Ringo Starr out on stage to play a few songs.  We were supposed to see the Stones last year but that got delayed and eventually cancelled because it was in San Diego and they've since demolished the stadium.  If they reschedule we're supposed to be able to get tickets but who knows when that could happen.  Other than that I'd go with Queen and Led Zeppelin.

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Well done. You’ve seen some great shows. Did you see ‘X’ and Costello in the 80’s?

The first time I saw Elvis Costello was in 1981, with Squeeze. The second time was in the mid-90s.

X I've seen many times over the years but I think the first time was in the early 90's.

I have been lucky to see a lot of shows. In 1977 we camped out overnight on the sidewalk to get Led Zeppelin tickets.

Before that we camped overnight to see Yes and Peter Frampton at Anaheim Stadium (festival seating). I've actually seen Frampton twice as well, lol.

Those were the days.

Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl.

What?

Seriously, I would like to have seen or see U2. Saw them as part of a group of performers for an Amnesty International Concert years ago, but never by themselves.

It would have been cool to have seen a young Mick Jagger, the Beatles, and Springsteen in his early days when his concerts went all night long.

I saw John Cougar open for Heart. I saw the Go Go's when they made their splash.  What a crowd. I never saw so many min-skirts in my life. I even saw Madonna when she broke into the music scene. And @Tank... I even saw the Bee Gees at Dodger Stadium.

I've seen tons of acts most of you have probably never heard of....MercyMe, TheNewsboys, tobyMac, Steven Curtis Chapman, etc.

I've seen a wide range of acts... from Martha Davis and the Motels to Willie Nelson, from Styx to Santana, from David Gates to The Grass Roots. Peter Gabriel to Linda Ronstadt (when she was hot), the Eagles, Eddie Money, James Taylor, Jackson Browne, and many more...

Edited by T.G.