• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any Concerts you Missed...

Obviously it would have been great to see The Beatles but I was only 3 years old in 1963. I was focusing more on bands that I had the opportunity to see but didn't.

Queen probably tops the list. I was a huge fan back in the 70's but just never got to see them. They played several years in L.A. at Christmas time I believe.

The Who played at Anaheim Stadium in 1976 and several of my friends went to that concert, but not me. Didn't have the money to buy a ticket, I guess.

I saw The Who the next year I think, 1977, at San Diego Sports Arena.

Good times.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl.

What?

Seriously, I would like to have seen or see U2. Saw them as part of a group of performers for an Amnesty International Concert years ago, but never by themselves.

It would have been cool to have seen a young Mick Jagger, the Beatles, and Springsteen in his early days when his concerts went all night long.

I saw John Cougar open for Heart. I saw the Go Go's when they made their splash.  What a crowd. I never saw so many min-skirts in my life. I even saw Madonna when she broke into the music scene. And @Tank... I even saw the Bee Gees at Dodger Stadium.

I've seen tons of acts most of you have probably never heard of....MercyMe, TheNewsboys, tobyMac, Steven Curtis Chapman, etc.

I've seen a wide range of acts... from Martha Davis and the Motels to Willie Nelson, from Styx to Santana, from David Gates to The Grass Roots. Peter Gabriel to Linda Ronstadt (when she was hot), the Eagles, Eddie Money, James Taylor, Jackson Browne, and many more...

Yeah, well I've seen Coldplay, Taylor Swift, and John Mayer live.

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Which show did you go to? They're excellent live. You just have a bad attitude about everything.

Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre. My bad attitude has nothing to do with it. I find their music boring and bland. 

Edited by st1ckboy

Others I saw in concert showing a wide range of different genres.... Kool and the Gang, George Benson, Billy Joel, Warren Zevon, Billy Squier, REO Speedwagon, Amy Grant, Michael Bolton, Celine Dion...

Others that again, most of you probably never heard of... Chris Tomlin, Crystal Lewis, Bryan Duncan, Nicole Nordeman, Hawk Nelson...

Edited by T.G.

The most disappointing concert I ever went to?

After years of hearing how legendary Springsteen's concerts were, I finally saw him in the late 80's.  As luck (bad luck) would have it, it was his "Tunnel of Love" tour and it was quite tame.  I remember a guy walking around the LA Sports arena yelling "What is wrong with you people? No one sits at a Springsteen concert!"

I even went back to back nights.  It was a huge let down.

24 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Others I saw in concert showing a wide range of different genres.... Kool and the Gang, George Benson, Billy Joel, Warren Zevon, Billy Squier, REO Speedwagon, Amy Grant, Michael Bolton, Celine Dion...

Others that again, most of you probably never heard of... Chris Tomlin, Crystal Lewis, Bryan Duncan, Nicole Nordeman, Hawk Nelson...

Did you make it through the whole Celine Dion concert? There's no way I could.

3 hours ago, T.G. said:

I've seen tons of acts most of you have probably never heard of....MercyMe, TheNewsboys, tobyMac, Steven Curtis Chapman, etc.

nice. in the biopic of mercyme (I Can Only Imagine), my cousin played the drummer.

i've seen The Imperials, Ernie Haas and Signature Sound, The Hoppers, Sandi Patty, Amy Grant, Twila Paris, and Kathy Troccoli. I've sung with Sandi Patty in concert twice - she asked our men's chorus to sing with her. We also got to sing with The Hoppers two years ago.

9 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Alice in Chains while Layne Staley was still alive. 

I had a chance to see Alice In Chains at Lollapalooza  when it was at Santa Fe Dam in 1993 but was unable to because my appendix burst.

Glad that the peritonitis didn’t kill me, but I still regret not being able to go to that show.  What a bill.  Alice In Chains, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Primus, Fishbone and others.  F**king worthless appendix.

6 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I had a chance to see Alice In Chains at Lollapalooza  when it was at Santa Fe Dam in 1993 but was unable to because my appendix burst.

Glad that the peritonitis didn’t kill me, but I still regret not being able to go to that show.  What a bill.  Alice In Chains, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Primus, Fishbone and others.  F**king worthless appendix.

I have seen Rage twice. Since Coachella got canceled I can still claim for now I was at their last concert. 

5 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I have seen Rage twice. Since Coachella got canceled I can still claim for now I was at their last concert. 

I was supposed to go see Rage and Run the Jewels last May, but that got cancelled of course. It's supposed to happen this July now. Caught Rage at Lollapalooza in Chicago back in 08' though.