• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aces available at the trade deadline.

Erstad Grit

I'm starting to feel like we have a decent regular season team with depth, but without a frontline SP for the playoffs. Depth at the back of the rotation means very little in the playoffs. 

So who are the possible SP targets at the trade deadline?

I think the most likely candidates are SP with near expiring contracts on teams that (hopefully) are not in contention.  For me those options might be,  

Greinke

Verlander

Scherzer

Sale

Nola

S Gray

If Minasian has us in Playoff contention one of these guys could absolutely push us into playoff mode. There is also a lot of injury risk in there and Red Sox are the only team I'd be shocked if they were in contention. 

In other words, trade deadline I can see us adding Chris Sale, perhaps Scherzer. 

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Not sure Minasian would want to throw someone like Marsh or anyone else for 1 year of a chance this year. 

Angels system should be ready to go starting in 2022 with the Angels having payroll flexibility up the ying-yang to figure it out by then. 

I don't think someone like Scherzer for a few months would cost Marsh.  

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

I don't think someone like Scherzer for a few months would cost Marsh.  

True, but even then, I'm not willing to part ways with key prospects for 2021 when our contention chances likely go way up starting in 2022. Minasian has to be cautious with moving pieces for a one year rental.

I'd part ways with them for people like Castillo or Marquez since they're controllable, but not for a 1-month rental. 

4 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm starting to feel like we have a decent regular season team with depth, but without a frontline SP for the playoffs. Depth at the back of the rotation means very little in the playoffs. 

So who are the possible SP targets at the trade deadline?

I think the most likely candidates are SP with near expiring contracts on teams that (hopefully) are not in contention.  For me those options might be,  

Greinke

Verlander

Scherzer

Sale

Nola

S Gray

If Minasian has us in Playoff contention one of these guys could absolutely push us into playoff mode. There is also a lot of injury risk in there and Red Sox are the only team I'd be shocked if they were in contention. 

In other words, trade deadline I can see us adding Chris Sale, perhaps Scherzer. 

I think our chances of going deep into the playoffs depends on if Ohtani can pitch like he did in 2018. He needs to rebound at the plate as well. I think the Angels season will parallel Ohtani's.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds