• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Looking at issues

7 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Yet it never works out that way. It will work this time though. For sure.

A lot of reasons for why things work and don’t.  There are examples of success and failure.  The world is big and complicated.  The basic tenet is good and should be pursued.  IMO. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Who decides who gets what?  Or who decides which products or services should benefit more?  

It should be decided democratically.  Basic needs should be distributed to all equally.  Personally I advocate strong social welfare systems that exist and function well all over the world.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It should be decided democratically.  Basic needs to should be distributed to all equally.  Personally I advocate strong social welfare systems that exist and function well all over the world.  

I respect your opinion.  Considering the poop show our last several elections have been I don’t see how you decide those things democratically 

It has been only about 100 years the world has been inter connected by telegraph and telephone. By air travel really only about 80 years. And instant data transmission we know as the internet about 35 years.

What I am getting at is that for 8,000 years there were only tribes of people until they first started to form townships and began trade of goods and knowledge. 

We are at the infancy of really working together as a world of separate cultures that now have unlimited access to each other. It's going to take more time for there to be a singular world vision and standard of living for all. Thinking this can be achieved through squabbling governments with different agendas, political or religious, in short order is not respecting the magnitude of problems inherent in the world. 

So as technology begins to replace workforces, like the industrial age changed the face of producing more through machinery, the entire world, not just the US, has to figure out what to do with so many souls without practical purpose. 

This is a 100 years to critical mass problem. Basically a speck in the timeline of human evolution from Sumaria to today, speeding at us faster than an Armageddon missile. In this short period of time the entire world has to embrace some form of a living baseline for billions that have no purposeful employment. 

That is a real issue. Arguing over pronouns isn't.

47 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It has been only about 100 years the world has been inter connected by telegraph and telephone. By air travel really only about 80 years. And instant data transmission we know as the internet about 35 years.

What I am getting at is that for 8,000 years there were only tribes of people until they first started to form townships and began trade of goods and knowledge. 

We are at the infancy of really working together as a world of separate cultures that now have unlimited access to each other. It's going to take more time for there to be a singular world vision and standard of living for all. Thinking this can be achieved through squabbling governments with different agendas, political or religious, in short order is not respecting the magnitude of problems inherent in the world. 

So as technology begins to replace workforces, like the industrial age changed the face of producing more through machinery, the entire world, not just the US, has to figure out what to do with so many souls without practical purpose. 

This is a 100 years to critical mass problem. Basically a speck in the timeline of human evolution from Sumaria to today, speeding at us faster than an Armageddon missile. In this short period of time the entire world has to embrace some form of a living baseline for billions that have no purposeful employment. 

That is a real issue. Arguing over pronouns isn't.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

18 hours ago, Blarg said:

giphy.gif

• 4 months later...
On 11/20/2020 at 11:04 PM, Lhalo said:

If nobody figures out a way to reproduce/exploit bitcoin it will take off like a rocket. People want finite currency not Weimar/Zimbabwe toilet paper dollars.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-19/poker-players-are-enhancing-winning-by-cashing-out-in-bitcoin

Looks like you called it - it indeed has taken off since you posted this.

6 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Looks like you called it - it indeed has taken off since you posted this.

I bought some back then but I wish I would have put more money where my mouth was. I know some people who absolutely crushed it trading Bitcoin. 

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I bought some back then but I wish I would have put more money where my mouth was. I know some people who absolutely crushed it trading Bitcoin. 

Given that institutional money is starting to pour in, it seems likely it’ll just keep going up for a chunk of time, especially given how much money is being printed and all the inflation concerns