• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hypothetical: If all the top free agent starting pitchers accept QO's...

floplag

On 11/9/2020 at 11:16 AM, Kevinb said:

I disagree I think with him or Cole last year we are a serious contender. The depth of pitching is there just minus the "ace" the offense is definitely there and as we know with bullpen it's hit or miss. What we have missed is the top of the line pitching which we haven't had in what seems like decades. I think with an ace the rest can fill in nicely. 

I think youre over estimating that.
We finished 10 back in the division and what, 3 back of the WC?

Our winningest pitcher Bundy had 6 wins, even Cole only had 7.   We needed a lot more then one more arm. 
I know wins arent the tell all and im not trying to start a holy war or compare the two, im just saying assuming 3-4 more wins off one other pitcher miiiiiight sneak us into the WC maybe, but serious contention?  Nah.