• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why does my cat's poop smell so bad?

tdawg87

She's about 2 years old, and since I adopted her I've noticed her shits are downright gnar. Her diet is consistent: dry food (same brand) and canned food (usually same brand but different flavors. The beef one is actually not bad). She doesn't overeat despite her owner being a terrible influence. 

I've checked her poop in the litter box and everything seems to be in order. I was gonna take a pic but she's a pro at burying her turds. But despite her best efforts, the fetid stench wafts through the apartment just seconds after a movement. 

Any ideas?

On 9/18/2020 at 8:39 PM, tdawg87 said:

She's about 2 years old, and since I adopted her I've noticed her shits are downright gnar. Her diet is consistent: dry food (same brand) and canned food (usually same brand but different flavors. The beef one is actually not bad). She doesn't overeat despite her owner being a terrible influence. 

I've checked her poop in the litter box and everything seems to be in order. I was gonna take a pic but she's a pro at burying her turds. But despite her best efforts, the fetid stench wafts through the apartment just seconds after a movement. 

Any ideas?

Not unusual in my opinion.  Why do you think cats bury their waste, they know it stinks.

Since I started working at home I keep a can of Febreeze by the laptop.

Any ideas?

My newer cat has the same problem (he's about 2 years old). His shits are utterly putrid and the little bastard loves to shit in the middle of the night.

The newer cat eats a lot of dry food, but my older cat mostly eats wet food and his shit doesn't stink up the house.

What brand of food are you feeding her?

On 9/23/2020 at 7:21 AM, Spin Rate said:

What kind of litter are you using?

It's Arm & Hammer. It's scented but it does fuckall to cover the scent of cat poo.

39 minutes ago, failos said:

My newer cat has the same problem (he's about 2 years old). His shits are utterly putrid and the little bastard loves to shit in the middle of the night.

The newer cat eats a lot of dry food, but my older cat mostly eats wet food and his shit doesn't stink up the house.

What brand of food are you feeding her?

Fancy feast for the canned food and uhh, I think Meow Mix for the dry stuff.

23 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's Arm & Hammer. It's scented but it does fuckall to cover the scent of cat poo.

Fancy feast for the canned food and uhh, I think Meow Mix for the dry stuff.

That litter sucks. Buy this instead: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/precious-cat-dr-elseys-ultra-scoopable-multi-cat-cat-litter

It's easier to scoop, hides the smell despite being fragrance free,  lasts significantly longer, and doesn't track as much.

Also that food is pretty unhealthy for cats. I would stick with something grain free as the grains might be upsetting her stomach and/or making her shit stink like hell.

I feed my cats Purina Beyond the Grain dry/wet. It's reliable, as in my cat probably won't die from a bad batch or something, and it's grain free which is what a cat's diet should be. Meow Mix is like eating McDonalds every day; you don't want a chonker cat.

Any ideas?

You could train your cat to use the toilet. 

toilet paper cat GIF

4 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

You could train your cat to use the toilet. 

toilet paper cat GIF

I have a friend that tought his cat to shit in the toilet. There is a product you can buy that is basically a litter box you attach and slowing start removing the pieces. I swear I actually walked into his restroom one time at a party one time to his cat sitting on the toilet seat taking a shit.

15 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

I have a friend that tought his cat to shit in the toilet. There is a product you can buy that is basically a litter box you attach and slowing start removing the pieces. I swear I actually walked into his restroom one time at a party one time to his cat sitting on the toilet seat taking a shit.

I want to try this with our cats, just so I can invite you over and have you re-live this experience.