• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels among teams that have experienced issues with delayed COVID-19 Tests

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Jesus, I can't believe I am talking about this, but I really like this Bret Waterman and I love the way he restores these houses.  I have seen at least one Corona episode, and 90% of them are in Redlands.

Ever notice that there isn't a TV in the restored houses?  Like almost never?

And the costs are insanely low. $80k to redo the kitchen, the living room, the mudroom, a bathroom - and completely redo the front yard.  GTFO with $80k.

yeah.  I get a bid for a new hallway closet and it's 11k for a 12 foot run.  Hell no!  We just gave more shit to Salvation Army.  Problem solved.

My wife and I hate when Waterman uses "rolled linoleum" in the kitchen.  Like, c'mon Brett.  No one likes linoleum!  Take the wood underneath and spit shine it! 

We noticed the lack of TV.  Not normal.  I know (as I'm sure you do) why they don't, but you know that behind those overlapping art pieces, there's a TV mount just waiting for the new big screen. 

1 hour ago, halomatt said:

yeah.  I get a bid for a new hallway closet and it's 11k for a 12 foot run.  Hell no!  We just gave more shit to Salvation Army.  Problem solved.

My wife and I hate when Waterman uses "rolled linoleum" in the kitchen.  Like, c'mon Brett.  No one likes linoleum!  Take the wood underneath and spit shine it! 

We noticed the lack of TV.  Not normal.  I know (as I'm sure you do) why they don't, but you know that behind those overlapping art pieces, there's a TV mount just waiting for the new big screen. 

When restoring a home to original, you use what would have been used back in the day. Linoleum was widely used back in the day. That is why he uses Lino. Wood floors don’t last long in kitchens due to water damage. And Lino is very good at keeping the water away from the wood.

Redlands is where Bret lives, hence why so many homes were in Redlands. Yucaipa, Cherry Valley,Riverside, Corona, Fontana, and Monrovia are other cities where shows have been filmed.

I'm gonna be honest, I've halfway liked some of the linoleum I've seen on the show. 

But some of this 'restored to original ' goes a bit far. Like the original ranges and stoves.

But I'm a sucker for the tiling he does. And the paint accents he uses in the outside.

Just a thought, but I've never seen a city code inspection.  One time, one of his contractors mentioned a front porch would not pass inspection. 

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

I'm gonna be honest, I've halfway liked some of the linoleum I've seen on the show. 

But some of this 'restored to original ' goes a bit far. Like the original ranges and stoves.

But I'm a sucker for the tiling he does. And the paint accents he uses in the outside.

Just a thought, but I've never seen a city code inspection.  One time, one of his contractors mentioned a front porch would not pass inspection. 

We like the Bargain Mansions show. They film in Kansas City. She does really nice work.

We also like the guy and his wife that are restoring a resort somewhere in the Bahamas. They had a show a few years ago where he built this insane lake home near Vancouver. Brian and Sara Baumer.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

We like the Bargain Mansions show. They film in Kansas City. She does really nice work.

We also like the guy and his wife that are restoring a resort somewhere in the Bahamas. They had a show a few years ago where he built this insane lake home near Vancouver. Brian and Sara Baumer.

Yep. We watch the Island show.  It's a tough job, having to source materials and get it all on a boat with enough lead time.  (Kinda feel like he's being a little bit of a dick to his wife, though.)

I haven't watched much DIY and HGTV shows, because for the most part, the hosts aren't very likeable. 

I watched one show that does backyard pools.  They did one in Florida for like the 59th ranked pga golfer.  It was insane.  Like I assume Jeff Bezos/Tiger Woods would have.  For some no name golfer.

I like Bret Waterman.  The two hosts of Yard Crashers try a little too hard, but I love seeing these garbage back yards turned into something nice.

one thing with Restored - I want a show where they come back 2 or 3 years later, and see how the owners have let the place go to pot.

One thing I don't get about Yard Crashers - all of the cloth outdoor furniture... crap, ANYTHING that is outside, in my Long Beach-adjacent home, gets dirty so fast.  I would hate to have cloth-type cushions and such.

25 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I watched one show that does backyard pools.  They did one in Florida for like the 59th ranked pga golfer.  It was insane.  Like I assume Jeff Bezos/Tiger Woods would have.  For some no name golfer.

Out of curiosity, I checked to see who is currently the 59th-ranked golfer. It's Matthew Wolff. He has only played in 22 tour events in his career, earning almost $2.8 million 

15 minutes ago, Lou said:

Out of curiosity, I checked to see who is currently the 59th-ranked golfer. It's Matthew Wolff. He has only played in 22 tour events in his career, earning almost $2.8 million 

It was JB Holmes

https://lucaslagoons.com/sliding-into-neverland-custom-pool-at-the-concession/

slide-2-1024x576.jpg

https://www.pgatour.com/players/player.27141.j-b--holmes.html

headshots_27141.png

Holmes is not a no-named golfer. He won the Genesis Open at Riviera last year.

"As of 2019, the net worth of golfer, J.B. Holmes is estimated to be $41 Million. His major source of earning is from his golf career"

42 minutes ago, Lou said:

Holmes is not a no-named golfer. He won the Genesis Open at Riviera last year.

"As of 2019, the net worth of golfer, J.B. Holmes is estimated to be $41 Million. His major source of earning is from his golf career"

I follow the PGA tour.  I was at Riviera in 2019. JB Holmes is a golfer you forget the second you turn away.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I haven't watched much DIY and HGTV shows, because for the most part, the hosts aren't very likeable. 

I like Bret Waterman.  The two hosts of Yard Crashers try a little too hard, but I love seeing these garbage back yards turned into something nice.

one thing with Restored - I want a show where they come back 2 or 3 years later, and see how the owners have let the place go to pot.

One thing I don't get about Yard Crashers - all of the cloth outdoor furniture... crap, ANYTHING that is outside, in my Long Beach-adjacent home, gets dirty so fast.  I would hate to have cloth-type cushions and such.

we like the pool shows also.

we liked yard crashers best when it was hosted by matt what's-his-face. it's pretty insane what they get done in two days.

agreed about a revisit in a couple of years to see how the refurbished places look. we often wonder how many of the people in these houses turn around and sell them as soon as they can.

read a behind-the-scenes thing about the property brothers. shouldn't come as a surprise that in many of the cases the couple has already purchased the house before they begin taping but they need to sell it to the audience. and a lot of the decorations inside the home at the final reveal are just props that leave when the cameras pack up. 

Yeah, the yardcrashers back yards probably turn into crap not long after Matt Whats-his-face leaves.  These are people predisposed to not caring about having a disaster in their back yard.  Do they all the sudden buy in on upkeep after they get an upgrade?  Magic 8 ball says "doubtful".