• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels among teams that have experienced issues with delayed COVID-19 Tests

I was operating under the assumption that they were using the quick tests - the 15-minute ID Now platform, for example.

Some labs are taking 6-8 days to return results - this isn't tenable.

The only way this can possibly work is if they can return results in minutes or hours, certainly not days - in 6 days, a carrier can infect the entire team.

1 hour ago, DCAngelsFan said:

I was operating under the assumption that they were using the quick tests - the 15-minute ID Now platform, for example.

Some labs are taking 6-8 days to return results - this isn't tenable.

The only way this can possibly work is if they can return results in minutes or hours, certainly not days - in 6 days, a carrier can infect the entire team.

The rapid results tests are very inaccurate. All testing will produce false negatives to some degree, but from what I have read it's very high on the rapid results tests. 

When I wanted to get tested I called two urgent care centers that do testing and asked if they did rapid result. They both told me they were against the rapid result because of the inaccuracy. So I'm sure that's why there opted not to use those tests.

Just now, DMVol said:

I guess it was naive to think that there wouldn't be blips with all of this.....but it certainly isn't what you want to hear...maybe they can get the kinks ironed out now, rather than in August/Sept....

That is my thoughts.  If there are tests that give you results immediately, how did negotiating this season ever get away from that phase?  

1 minute ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

The rapid results tests are very inaccurate. All testing will produce false negatives to some degree, but from what I have read it's very high on the rapid results tests. 

When I wanted to get tested I called two urgent care centers that do testing and asked if they did rapid result. They both told me they were against the rapid result because of the inaccuracy. So I'm sure that's why there opted not to use those tests.

Then you solve that by immediately re-testing or sending the player to a more thorough examination.

17 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I guess it was naive to think that there wouldn't be blips with all of this.....but it certainly isn't what you want to hear...maybe they can get the kinks ironed out now, rather than in August/Sept....

Yeah, who knew the Fourth of July holiday would jump up from the calendar like that?

30 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Not a good start to say the least.  I might be watching Hallmark movies with the wife this summer/fall rather than sports -- Noooooooooooooo

Did you see the one where it turns out the guy isn't such a jerk, after all? It's a classic. 

This year has been staggeringly disappointing in almost all aspects, so I expect any baseball season will be as well, with players opting out, players testing positive, games being cancelled, etc. It'll still be better than no baseball at all. Or Hallmark movies. 

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Yeah, who knew the Fourth of July holiday would jump up from the calendar like that?

I live in a medium size town in Tennessee....I am on the board of a non-profit organization where results from tests conducted on staff early in the week were available online (with security measures in place) over the weekend, several were posted on July 4th...but you can try again at being a smart ass (since you are so good at it), if you'd like...

11 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I live in a medium size town in Tennessee....I am on the board of a non-profit organization where results from tests conducted on staff early in the week were available online (with security measures in place) over the weekend, several were posted on July 4th...but you can try again at being a smart ass (since you are so good at it), if you'd like...

Thank you.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

But you don't know if a test is a false negative, so how would those be workable solutions? You'd re-test everyone who got a negative? I don't see how that would help things. 

Perhaps they take a quick and "long" test samples at the same time.  That way they get a read on false negatives for the quick test.   If someone does test positive on the quick test they already have the longer test sample ready for processing.

26 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

My wife and I watch Yard Crashers and we both watch and like Restored with Brett Waterman.

I didn't know what any of that was before Corona virus.

Haha.  Yeah.  I love Brett Waterman.  That dude's a trip.  He's done several homes here in Corona, so it's been interesting to see how the homes looked before, immediately after, and now.  (Sometimes the homeowner is the issue.)

Enjoy Yard Crashers too. 

I'm bored. 

1 minute ago, halomatt said:

Haha.  Yeah.  I love Brett Waterman.  That dude's a trip.  He's done several homes here in Corona, so it's been interesting to see how the homes looked before, immediately after, and now.  (Sometimes the homeowner is the issue.)

Enjoy Yard Crashers too. 

I'm bored. 

Jesus, I can't believe I am talking about this, but I really like this Bret Waterman and I love the way he restores these houses.  I have seen at least one Corona episode, and 90% of them are in Redlands.

Ever notice that there isn't a TV in the restored houses?  Like almost never?

And the costs are insanely low. $80k to redo the kitchen, the living room, the mudroom, a bathroom - and completely redo the front yard.  GTFO with $80k.