• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I remember who owns this site. I said before I have my reasons for not being a premium member. I've given money to this site in the past, but I'll never give Chuck another penny of my money.

Wow

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

Now I know why I stay out of this thread, lol

For the record Chuck and I exist on the complete opposite political spectrum and it's never affected our friendship, and our political dialogue has always been respectful, so yes, it can be done.

I respect the freedoms of people who have different political opinions and have come to the conclusion that maybe my political beliefs aren't always right. I know someone on the internet who can admit they are wrong from time to time, shocking.

Now back to the baseball forum for me.

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Enjoy the cocktail Brandon, but turn the channel. There will be no fireworks in this one tonight from me at least. I won't take the bait.

I'm busy packing for an early flight on Saturday to Tampa. 

Going to enjoy some Covid-19 free beaches thanks to Ron DeSantis with my girls.

IMG_20200521_200735.jpg

My Tampa trip was cancelled earlier this year but I am in the process of rebooking it, have fun! I won't be jealous at all, lol

1 minute ago, John Taylor said:

My Tampa trip was cancelled earlier this year but I am in the process of rebooking it, have fun! I won't be jealous at all, lol

Oh bummer dude. They just started re-opening Florida. It has been so grey and rainy up that I told the girls I would join them for their final week there. They've been there for going on a couple weeks now.

10 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

Now I know why I stay out of this thread, lol

For the record Chuck and I exist on the complete opposite political spectrum and it's never affected our friendship, and our political dialogue has always been respectful, so yes, it can be done.

I respect the freedoms of people who have different political opinions and have come to the conclusion that maybe my political beliefs aren't always right. I know someone on the internet who can admit they are wrong from time to time, shocking.

Now back to the baseball forum for me.

Thank you for saying that, John. 🙏

75% of those guys you see on our weekly virtual zooms for happy hour have a different political belief than I.

We all get along just fine don't we? 

25 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Enjoy the cocktail Brandon, but turn the channel. There will be no fireworks in this one tonight from me at least. I won't take the bait.

I'm busy packing for an early flight on Saturday to Tampa. 

Going to enjoy some Covid-19 free beaches thanks to Ron DeSantis with my girls.

IMG_20200521_200735.jpg

Have fun with the family man. Safe travels and hope you all have a good time.

We'll hold down the fort and put these Libs in their place.

Edited by Brandon

25 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I remember who owns this site. I said before I have my reasons for not being a premium member. I've given money to this site in the past, but I'll never give Chuck another penny of my money.

You are a good dude but this is an absolutely shitty thing to say.   Like REALLY fucked up.   He provides a place so all of us can talk about our favorite team.  He fronts all the money.  So even if you disagree with him, to say you’d never give him money, despite what he offers is below you.   If it isn’t below you then you are kinda shitty. 

6 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I took my facts straight from Wikipedia on DeSantis and Kaleigh's background when they were called ignorant, or anyone who believes them as ignorant. 

Correct. These two are not ignorant at all.  They are cunning villains. 

Your first mistake was thinking I'm in anyway an adult, just because my age says I am.

Anyway, Florida had first cases of COVID 19 as early as February 13th but didn't officially announce any until March 1st.  In my book that's villainous behavior. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Which states immediately reported covid cases?

• The outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020.

• On 11 February 2020, WHO announced a name for the new coronavirus disease: COVID-19.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/events-as-they-happen

From the WHO giving the virus a name to a Florida case that was diagnosed two days later then officially recorded two weeks later. Sounds like a reasonable timeline for medical reporting. 

Yeah, that's bogus. Even doctors and high leveled healthcare people didn't know or understand what was going on as things unfolded.

I don't get why people are dying on the hill of it being Trump's fault. Initially the people smarter than us said it wasn't a big deal, then it got blown out of proportion and we all thought shit was going to end, to finding out shit was inflated.

I'm not political, but being a rational human being, blaming Trump for deaths (when there are levels and departments that handle these things) is beyond moronic.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I tried to look this up but only get random Trump links.

I was curious about what Truman's numbers might be. Dropping two nukes has to have him climb the charts.

Definitely huge numbers.  I mean instantly but then it’s probably fair to give him credit for all the cancer and birth defects and shit down the road.  Of course I don’t really care to delve into the right and wrong of all that.  Different type of war. 

I do think that the crisis has been handled badly but like I’ve said before I don’t know that a better response would have made a substantial difference.  Trump isn’t wholly or even substantially responsible for the ineffectiveness of the federal government.  I’m not apologizing for him but it is what it is.  That tear down is 40 years in the making.  Of course, he’s keeping the ball rolling.  And, depending on your politics you may or may not oppose that.  Here’s a good “both sides” opportunity.  Mostly both sides have participated.  The Republicans at a more rapid pace which shouldn’t surprise anyone. 

3 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Maybe they would have died anyway, but I did see an update this morning that it's estimated that Trump has cost 36,000 lives so far. Dude is giving Stalin a run for his money.

As Brandon said, Stalin killed 20+ million (some estimates put it at 30 mil). But there’s a fundamental difference here: Stalin rounded up his enemies and anyone who had any connection to Lenin, and basically eliminated the competition. Trump hasnt come anywhere close to that kind of paranoia or butchery.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

As Brandon said, Stalin killed 20+ million (some estimates put it at 30 mil). But there’s a fundamental difference here: Stalin rounded up his enemies and anyone who had any connection to Lenin, and basically eliminated the competition. Trump hasnt come anywhere close to that kind of paranoia or butchery.

Who wants to talk about Churchill and India ?!

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Definitely huge numbers.  I mean instantly but then it’s probably fair to give him credit for all the cancer and birth defects and shit down the road.  Of course I don’t really care to delve into the right and wrong of all that.  Different type of war. 

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. Drop some big ass bombs and you have a death toll.....now add in the aftermath. I imagine it's staggering.

Funny thing is my aunt is neighbors to his house and the Truman library. I have yet to ask because I'm not sure if it's a touchy subject out there......midwest peeps are different.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

You probably know this better than I do....is Mao Tseng Tung the worst? Genghis Khan?

I used to know this.