• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

3 minutes ago, cals said:

And this just made the places where black people live much more dangerous places.  You think cops will do jack shit about criminals in black areas?  Fuck no.  Cops be like “you’re on your own now.”

I imagine the jurors had to weigh the fact that if they voted not guilty or only guilty on a lesser charge then their identity would have eventually been leaked and would have put their entire families in danger. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that they found guilty on all charges. 

I'm pro law enforcement and back the blue with every fiber of my being. I have family that will soon wear the badge. That said, I'm pleased that lady liberty had her day in court today. The guilty verdict was accurate and much needed to help heal and restore the faith in our legal system. Trust the system & due process of a fair trial.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I imagine the jurors had to weigh the fact that if they voted not guilty or only guilty on a lesser charge then their identity would have eventually been leaked and would have put their entire families in danger. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that they found guilty on all charges. 

Maybe.  But instead they should have had the discipline to make their decisions based solely on the law, then purchased AR-15s and been prepared to shoot any scumbag trying to harm them on the spot.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm pro law enforcement and back the blue with every fiber of my being. I have family that will soon wear the badge. That said, I'm pleased that lady liberty had her day in court today. The guilty verdict was accurate and much needed to help heal and restore the faith in our legal system. Trust the system & due process of a fair trial.

Verdicts should be reached based on the evidence and should have nothing to do with social issues, feelings and restoring faith in the system. Chauvin got his due process via the system we have and it's done. Time for everyone to move on. 

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Maybe.  But instead they should have had the discipline to make their decisions based solely on the law, then purchased AR-15s and been prepared to shoot any scumbag trying to harm them on the spot.

If I was a juror I'd be more concerned about my family, friends and other associates. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Until the taser taser taser lady trial.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I am not on the jury so I didn’t hear the entire case.  I have seen the video countless times and I am just not sure that he wasn’t guilty of just being a reckless dumbass.

I don’t like the idea that a guilty verdict was necessary to prevent riots.  I don’t like the idea that a guilty verdict was necessary to help race relations.  I don’t like the idea that this particular episode was an accurate representation of something systemic (minorities being hinted and killed in the streets).  I don’t like the idea that the person that lost their life didn’t do many things that got himself killed because he did.  This doesn’t mean the cop could not be guilty, but the cultural climate was set that there was no way they could assign any blame to the victim.  And cultural climate should play no role in a trial.  The actual laws are supposed to prevail.

Way too much shit going in here.

I think the cop was guilty of something and maybe it was just him being a dumbass guy that was careless.

I very much doubt given all the other pressures associated with the case that he really got a fair trial.

And that doesn’t mean he necessarily got the wrong verdict.  I don’t know.  Again I wasn’t a juror hearing the whole case.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

If I was a juror I'd be more concerned about my family, friends and other associates. 

I said “should”. . .

People are human and I understand why they could feel the need to prioritize the safety of their own family.

It doesn’t make it right though.

We should all want uncontaminated justice and it is sad to think the threat of mob violence or being personally targeted for being on a jury is real.

Thats kind of why I said they should buy guns and defend themselves.

Society and justice, in my opinion, would both be better served overall in the long run if people targeting jurors were shot dead on the spot in self defense.

Maybe then the people afraid would be the lawless fucks and not the law abiding jurors.

1 minute ago, cals said:

The verdict was reached VERY fast.  That tells me that they didn't understand their duty and they were basically rubber stamping the State's case.  It's basically reverse jury nullification.  But hey, Minneapolis isn't burning so there's that. 

I am just suspicious that they were not rendering a verdict on the actual episode, but rather they felt pressure to “do the right thing for society” based on cultural (media driven) pressures.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

The verdict was reached VERY fast.  That tells me that they didn't understand their duty and they were basically rubber stamping the State's case.  It's basically reverse jury nullification.  But hey, Minneapolis isn't burning so there's that. 

look at the OJ trial. the jury got the case on a monday afternoon and reached a decision before tuesday morning, a decision that most people believe was wrong. and that was after months of testimony.