• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

14 minutes ago, calscuf said:

The “smarter people” likely have  ulterior motives.  The answer is out there.  You believe one narrative because you’re a caring person and you have a desire to help.  But understand that if I am correct, you are doing more damage than you are doing good.

People have ulterior motives so we should never trust what anyone says about anything. 

Thanks for calling me a caring person with a desire to help.

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

Don’t forget I also said you were doing more harm than good.

I disagree because I don't think I'm wrong. Again, if you've read any books or studies that refute the existence of systemic racism, please refer them to me. I'd be happy to read what a real expert has to say. 

And before you say, "You can't prove something's non-existence," in this case you can prove that factors other than racism are the primary cause of more black men being locked in prison than any other demographic. Blarg asked for the context of those statistics. The context might just be that black people don't get a fair shot in the system. Maybe the context is that it's black people's fault for breaking the law. Let's see some evidence, or at least point me somewhere that has evidence.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Blarg, don't you live in a predominantly black neighborhood? Have you ever had conversations with your neighbors about these issues?

That was 30 years ago. I now live in a primarily multicultural neighborhood where everyone waves at each other as they walk around the block. No BLM, no riots, no spray paint or mob beatings. Pretty dull. The way America could be if more people would pull their head out of their asses and act civil. 

But, teams.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

That was 30 years ago. I now live in a primarily multicultural neighborhood where everyone waves at each other as they walk around the block. No BLM, no riots, no spray paint or mob beatings. Pretty dull. The way America could be if more people would pull their head out of their asses and act civil. 

But, teams.

Yeah, black people should STFU and just accept what's coming to them.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Maybe you're racist or not. None of us can say that for sure. But systemic racism is different than person-to-person racism.

Sounds about right. In a sense, my belief that I am not racist is little more than an educated opinion.
For fifty years or more whenever my mother receives a notice for jury duty she replies that she believes the court system in inherently biased against black people and that she flatly refuses to participate.
Certainly there are many examples of anti-black bias occurring in individual events, but I am unconvinced the bias is systemic.