• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anybody have HULU? OK for Angels games?

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You have to give Disney credit for ruining pretty much all of their IPs in recent years.  Read that the new Marvels movie needs to hit 900 mil just to break ever.  

The MCU should have ended with Endgame. Just about every movie since then has been a disappointment. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

The MCU should have ended with Endgame. Just about every movie since then has been a disappointment. 

This..  100% This.

And how do you make a trilogy to close out the OG Star Wars storyline and never have the big three; Luke, Leia, Han, in the same shot?

Just a lot of stupid.

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

This..  100% This.

And how do you make a trilogy to close out the OG Star Wars storyline and never have the big three; Luke, Leia, Han, in the same shot?

Just a lot of stupid.

Dude, AI has that covered. It just needs to get by the Screen Actors Guild.

My wife and I had this discussion last night at dinner. The strike is about protecting the guild of actors over some AI representation of an actor. And then the question is, does the studio own Han Solo, not only as a character but as Harrison Ford as the character, in whatever computer simulation they can generate and make money from his likeness and synthesized voice without compensation. 

49 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

This..  100% This.

Just a lot of stupid.

I'm one of the freaks that enjoyed The Last Jedi. And if Disney/Lucas Films had allowed Rian Johnson to write and direct Episode 9, as was planned, I think Episode 9 would have been excellent and "redeemed" Episode 8 in most people's eyes. But the retconning and fanservice stuff they did for Episode 9 made it a giant turd.

35 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Dude, AI has that covered. It just needs to get by the Screen Actors Guild.

My wife and I had this discussion last night at dinner. The strike is about protecting the guild of actors over some AI representation of an actor. And then the question is, does the studio own Han Solo, not only as a character but as Harrison Ford as the character, in whatever computer simulation they can generate and make money from his likeness and synthesized voice without compensation. 

Maybe you didn't hear, but the SAG-AFTRA strike ended last night.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I'm one of the freaks that enjoyed The Last Jedi. And if Disney/Lucas Films had allowed Rian Johnson to write and direct Episode 9, as was planned, I think Episode 9 would have been excellent and "redeemed" Episode 8 in most people's eyes. But the retconning and fanservice stuff they did for Episode 9 made it a giant turd.

I just feel those three needed a scene together, instead they went the fan service route to try to save face.  They could have told whatever story they wanted, built up whatever heroes they wanted, but not having those three in a scene together was epic stupidity.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Maybe you didn't hear, but the SAG-AFTRA strike ended last night.

Tentative agreement.  

"In a unanimous vote this afternoon, the SAG-AFTRA TV/Theatrical Committee approved a tentative agreement with the AMPTP bringing an end to the 118 day strike," the union said Wednesday in a statement. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Tentative agreement.  

"In a unanimous vote this afternoon, the SAG-AFTRA TV/Theatrical Committee approved a tentative agreement with the AMPTP bringing an end to the 118 day strike," the union said Wednesday in a statement. 

This is just standard language until the guild members vote on it. The WGA deal said the same thing initially.