• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will the Angels make a significant move before pitchers and catchers report? (February 11)

rafibomb

Will the Angels make a significant move before pitchers and catchers report? (February 11)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Angels make a significant move before pitchers and catchers report? (February 11)

• Yes
    • Lol no

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

In most cases I'd disagree but after all that's happened these past few days I also wouldn't be surprised if this happened

Think about it like this, the Dodgers are currently at 42 on their 40 man roster and need to get down to 40 before they announce the Betts deal as official.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am guessing the trade for Joc and Stripling happens 

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

In most cases I'd disagree but after all that's happened these past few days I also wouldn't be surprised if this happened

Wouldn’t bet on it....

The only thing I believe is that Eppler will continue to try and make the team better without damaging the future of the team. I won't be surprised if something happens and I won't be surprised if nothing does.  My guess is he'll do something, but I don't know if it will be significant in the eyes of AW.

In all seriousness, Eppler has made it clear he is only going to make trades for pitching that he feels he’s getting a bargain.  This scenario was unique because the Dodgers were looking to move players off their tax threshold, which allowed us to get Stripling at a reduced cost.  Considering all of the other teams trading starters are rightfully asking for a premium, which Eppler will NOT pay, and I don’t foresee another scenario coming up like the Dodgers trying to get under the tax threshold, I think it’s safe to say Eppler will not be making any other pitching acquisition this offseason that will excite anyone