• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arbitration Hearing- Joc Pederson

sportstr44

Arbitration Hearing- Joc Pederson  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have fighting the arbitration case against Joc Pederson?

• Angels with only 2 days to prepare
    • Dodgers who are about to trade him

After hearing what the possible hold up in the trade for Pederson/Stripling was this morning. I thought is would make for an interesting poll to see what everyone thought. I can only think of one reason why the Dodgers would continue to fight as they normally would in the arbitration case and that would be if the unnamed prospect going to the Dodgers depended on the outcome. What team would everyone rather have going against Joc in his arbitration case today?

The difference was something like 7.something to 9.something with Cot's estimating he'd get in the middle around 8.6 or something like that.  I just can't see a prospect value hinging on that 1 million difference.  What should have been done is the hearing delayed a week or two, so that the Angels were given the chance to negotiate in good faith with Pederson.  That way, the Angels could have tried to sign him for the one year, or a longer deal if they could reach an agreement.  With him going to arbitration, it just seems more likely that he's going to test free agency.  

27 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The difference was something like 7.something to 9.something with Cot's estimating he'd get in the middle around 8.6 or something like that.  I just can't see a prospect value hinging on that 1 million difference.  What should have been done is the hearing delayed a week or two, so that the Angels were given the chance to negotiate in good faith with Pederson.  That way, the Angels could have tried to sign him for the one year, or a longer deal if they could reach an agreement.  With him going to arbitration, it just seems more likely that he's going to test free agency.  

Arbitration result will have zero effect on whether the Angels keep him. 

29 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The difference was something like 7.something to 9.something with Cot's estimating he'd get in the middle around 8.6 or something like that. 

There is no “in the middle” with arbitration hearings. The arbitrators pick one figure or the other. They can always choose to settle before the hearing at a number in the middle, but it doesn’t seem as if that happened. 

How did joc do in the freeway series last year? I say we use any hit or rbi against him. "If anything, this f*cker has only hurt this team, your honor." And then show the jury a pic of him in his dodger uniform. "Its like he doesnt even want to be here"

We play our cards right, he may end up having to pay US!

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

How did joc do in the freeway series last year? I say we use any hit or rbi against him. "If anything, this f*cker has only hurt this team, your honor." And then show the jury a pic of him in his dodger uniform. "Its like he doesnt even want to be here"

I lobe you

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

No, only two outcomes are possible. Either the number the team filed at or the number Pederson’s agent filed for him at.

Sorry. Hope that doesn’t disappoint you too much. 

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

No, only two outcomes are possible. Either the number the team filed at or the number Pederson’s agent filed for him at.

Sorry. Hope that doesn’t disappoint you too much. 

this really cracks me up. usually this board can't help but trip over it's own inside jokes, and now it's like listening to mechanical engineers talk.