• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

I’m on an airplane and masked. I’m drinking a Diet Coke and it keeps making me burp.  The burp air is shooting out of the top of the mask and into my eyes and it burns like heck.  

Just thought I’d share.

thank you for your sacrifice.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also, if for some reason it’s determined that baseball needs masks during gameplay.  Would you rather them wear the masks or not play ? Seems like a simple choice to me.  Anyway, it’s not going to be that situation.  

we’ll see if we play baseball at all.  The way it’s looking today I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole thing is called off once and for all. 

More players are opting out, and if there's an outbreak in any clubhouse...yeah, I could see things shut down again.

Very frustrating, the resiliency of the virus coupled with the chaotic response in so many areas.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also, if for some reason it’s determined that baseball needs masks during gameplay.  Would you rather them wear the masks or not play ? Seems like a simple choice to me.  Anyway, it’s not going to be that situation.  

we’ll see if we play baseball at all.  The way it’s looking today I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole thing is called off once and for all. 

Lol. That ain’t happening. 100%

I’ll put money on it right now. 

Edit: I’m talking about players wearing masks. 

Edited by Lhalo

Just now, Lhalo said:

Those dudes bathe in the Ganges River. They can handle anything. 

isn't it the filthiest river in the world? 

my mom had a hotel room in mumbai or wherever that overlooked the river and she could see people bathing in it downstream from where the cattle were drinking and peeing.

8 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Lol. That ain’t happening. 100%

I’ll put money on it right now. 

Edit: I’m talking about players wearing masks. 

Oh I agree.  It won’t be that.  I was just throwing the hypothetical out there.  Like I said, to me it seems like playing baseball is ok without a mask. 

1 minute ago, Tank said:

my mom had a hotel room in mumbai or wherever that overlooked the river and she could see people bathing in it downstream from where the cattle were drinking and peeing.

Hey ! If she looked real hard she could have had the opportunity to see a corpse or 2 float by.  Lol. 

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Not just the cattle. The humans use for a bathroom also.

Hepatitis or cholera just waiting to happen.

The office complex I work in going back to the original stay in place order that went into effect mid-March one of the largest tenants has still had their employees coming in.  This company and these employees are not in an essential field.  The vast majority of these individuals are not wearing masks or social distancing any time myself or anyone else from my work stops in to grab something.  Building management has tried to enforce the mask rule and security gets push back from these individuals.  Building management sent a notice that resulted in counsel for this company saying they're going to take care of it and notify the employees.  If we have enough people who can't even be bothered to wear a mask when walking into an office building we're fucked because this opening then closing is going to gut a lot of businesses.  Also if there's no enforcement of businesses not following the rules there's no point to any of this.  If people could do it the right way we could reduce the economic impact and avoid as many major shutdowns.  It's crazy to me when I think of what previous generations came together and survived - the great depression, war time economy, etc. and yet we've become so entitled and thinking in the short term that people can't do something as simple as wear masks and avoid large crowds. 

11 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

If we have enough people who can't even be bothered to wear a mask when walking into an office building we're fucked because this opening then closing is going to gut a lot of businesses.

It's more than gutting businesses. I'm talking about complete societal breakdown. The unemployment numbers are economically unsustainable and we risk collapse. I know you want everyone to wear a mask but their isn't enough law enforcement in the world to enforce that.

We need to open up more. The hospitals are not overwhelmed. 

They're trying to avoid the hospitals from getting overwhelmed which is a breakdown.  In OC since 6/23 in regards to COVID the number of people hospitalized has increased 38% while the number in ICU has gone up 31% and we're not currently hit as hard as LA, Riverside and some other counties.  If they wait until hospitals are overwhelmed then our elected officials have failed because trying to roll back and reduce the numbers takes a few weeks to have effect.  If people want to avoid societal breakdown then follow some simple guidelines.  Like TORS said months ago in another thread we're the only species that protects and enables the dumbest among us.  Some other countries have avoided the issues we're having because enough of their citizens aren't entitled idiots who can think about others and the larger picture. 

I haven’t been posting because I have been out and about. I think three bartenders tested positive with the reopen or close to. One girl finally got her results back today and she’s positive.

I never had an issue with the mask, it just became the new norm....not a big deal. I see a lot of good hygiene with hand washing and sanitizers. The only thing that doesn’t make sense is I just have to wear a mask in and out, but walking around the bar or restaurant masks aren’t required. Seemed like quite the oxymoron. Places do a great job of wiping and cleaning areas when people leave, but I do admit there is a lack of social distancing by everyone.

I get my temp ran at a few places and am around 98.2 or so. No symptoms and the people that have had anything close to symptoms have stayed home. Only issue was one dude tested positive but was too lazy to check his results and was out with us one night and he checked his results the next day and is positive. So I have been exposed but no issues. My best friend is getting tested today as she has worked with some of these folks.

Funny thing about the bar/restaurant closures is is was going to happen on its own anyway. A lot of bartenders don’t want to come back so you’ll see short staffed places only have very limited hours.

Going to ride it out until they kick us out which is expected any day now.

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

They're trying to avoid the hospitals from getting overwhelmed which is a breakdown.  In OC since 6/23 in regards to COVID the number of people hospitalized has increased 38% while the number in ICU has gone up 31% and we're not currently hit as hard as LA, Riverside and some other counties.  If they wait until hospitals are overwhelmed then our elected officials have failed because trying to roll back and reduce the numbers takes a few weeks to have effect.  If people want to avoid societal breakdown then follow some simple guidelines.  Like TORS said months ago in another thread we're the only species that protects and enables the dumbest among us.  Some other countries have avoided the issues we're having because enough of their citizens aren't entitled idiots who can think about others and the larger picture. 

I seem to remember a hospital ship that we needed because of the massive amounts of people hospitals would be dealing with. Instead we have empty hospitals and an economy that's been kicked directly in the balls.