• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

6 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

Pretty sure they don’t want bar open because they are inside and it’s hard to social distance at the bar. Correct me if I’m wrong but if you are a bar and have outdoor seating and keep the tables 6 feet apart you can still be open 

Wrong.  

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, fishbulb said:

This virus absolutely has the ability to overwhelm the hospital and healthcare system if people don't go about their lives responsibly. We opened stuff up here and a decent number of people acted like nothing about the world changed.

We went from around 100 people hospitalized and 50 people in ICUs in the county on June 10th to this, which would ultimately overwhelm us and our ability to care for patients if the rate of growth continues. Exponential growth is a real pain in the ass. There has been some promising data re: possibly slowing case growth, but we're still seeing a crap ton of hospital admissions. If the rate of active hospitalizations doubles every 7 or so days, we're straight up screwed in around three weeks.

Screenshot_20200701-214017_Samsung Internet.jpg

Please show me a hospital that says it’s in danger of being overwhelmed. I patiently await your response. 

7 hours ago, ScottT said:

This three week hiatus on some random things will definitely make a difference.  It'll put things off.  It'll force businesses to close.  It will mean adding to the unemployment mess.   The virus will still be here in three weeks. I don't have the answers, but this isn't one.

The virus will actually be around to some degree or another for thousands of years. The best we can do is get a vaccine and some effective treatments for those who catch it.

Each year there will be a flu season and hopefully to a much lesser extent a COVID season. We'll just have to endure it.

9 hours ago, tennischmp said:

They are getting around the governor's order of all bars having to close

Lol. No. They don't have to close. They wouldn't have to close.  They've never had to close. They have to stop serving for on site consumption.

BTW, it's not really mainstream since at least locally all they are covering is MLB and NBA.  But the NHL is close to training camps.  But here is the big thing and why we might not have any sports for a while.

Since voluntary workouts began on June 8, 26 players have tested positive for the Rona.  This is in addition to 11 others outside of the voluntary workouts.  The 26 is out of 250 players tested.  That's over 10%, which is a lot higher than the general public.  I'm sure the NBA is going to go through similar numbers, considering their players were getting it even with the lockdown.  

But it's not a good sign, and tells me there is something about how the Rona spreads that we don't know about.  

7 hours ago, Redondo said:

People are making it appear as it's all Covid when it's not. We don't have it that bad here so the article doesn't represent the entire state. 

Well you missed the point then. It’s not about what people making anything appear it’s about the hospitals capacity to treat more Covid patients. After all ICU beds are occupied they will have problems.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

The 26 is out of 250 players tested.  That's over 10%, which is a lot higher than the general public.

Are you sure? All the players have been tested whereas not everyone in the general public has. I bet the public’s numbers are similar to the NHL’s.