• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

Just got scheduled for one next week in Missouri. There's a ton of confusion locally here, because KS is being real slow in their rollout/ability to sign up, whereas MO is going as fast as possible. So I signed up today as an essential worker in MO even though I technically live in KS. No clue how that'll go once I show up.

I’ve been to Hawaii many times and never had a problem with anyone.  Just my experience.  I suspect that the risk of a run in with an idiot is possible anywhere.  I’ve been to all of the major islands.  Maui is my favorite but they all have their charms.

they do have some interesting signage in the more rural areas about secession and stuff about the monarchy.  Nativist type stuff.  And when I say signage I mean like, stickers on trucks and lawn signs and such.  Sometimes you see it at those roadside stands that sell pineapple and coconut and shit.  Not really a big deal and not that surprising.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, Don said:

Just got scheduled for one next week in Missouri. There's a ton of confusion locally here, because KS is being real slow in their rollout/ability to sign up, whereas MO is going as fast as possible. So I signed up today as an essential worker in MO even though I technically live in KS. No clue how that'll go once I show up.

I’m sure they won’t be too intense about it.  Bring a badge or something.  Avoid talking about living in Kansas if possible. 

I got an appointment for this Saturday.  Friend that works at this clinic in riverside got me in.  It’s like a couple of days before I’m technically allowed by the states guidelines.  Glad to get it as soon as I’m able.  

4 hours ago, Lhalo said:

First one was in the parking lot of the Lahaina Safeway. Me, my buddy and our wives were loading the groceries in the car when 3 dudes in a Toyota truck (every male there drives a Toyota truck) started cat calling the girls, calling us pussy haoles, etc. and trying to get us to fight them. We didn't take the bait and just got into our car while pretending we didn't hear them. 2nd time was inside a supermarket in Lihue. A 20 year old kid shoulder checked me as we crossed paths going down the aisle. I didn't even make eye contact with him before it happened because I had a sense he was looking for trouble. 3rd time was on a beach in Kaanapali. There was a local completely out of his mind on Ice trying to fight the whole beach. It took 4 cops to tackle him.

So did you get your ass kicked or kick some ass.  Story was vague. 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

One of the best movies of all time. Richard Linklater's masterpiece.

I could pretty much quote the whole flick word for word.

Linklater is really one of my favorites. Dazed and Confused, despite its general popularity, is still way underrated. Change the clothes and the cars a bit for the era, and it pretty accurately describes everyone I met from rural Kansas in college. Everybody Wants Some is also a really great movie that kinda flew under the radar.

$1,400 stimulus checks can be seized by private collectors for unpaid debts

President Biden on Thursday signed into law a sweeping coronavirus relief package that includes $1,400 stimulus checks for many Americans — but some individuals with unpaid debts could have that money seized this time around.

Debt collectors will be able to garnish the third round of cash payments that are expected to be delivered to Americans by the end of the month as part of Democrats' $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan. But unlike the first two payments, which explicitly prevented creditors from snatching the money, the checks will not be exempt from garnishment.

That's because congressional Democrats passed the legislation using a process known as budget reconciliation, which allowed them to circumvent a filibuster by Senate Republicans. Consumer and banking groups, including the American Bankers Association, are urging lawmakers to pass a standalone bill and close the loophole that will allow creditors to take the money.

“The economic impact payments are intended to help families purchase food and other necessities to make ends meet,” the American Bankers Association and a coalition of groups wrote in a letter to congressional leaders Tuesday. “Many people were already struggling prior to the coronavirus crisis and millions have now been laid off or had their hours cut.”

SOME FAMILIES COULD RECEIVE UP TO $14,000 FROM BIDEN'S RELIEF BILL

Congressional Democrats are plowing ahead with passing a nearly $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill that could provide a substantial financial boost to some American families.

The aid package includes a fresh round of stimulus checks worth $1,400 for individuals earning less than $75,000, and a major expansion of the long-standing Child Tax Credit. Between those two provisions, some American families could receive as much as $14,000, according to Ed Mills, a Washington policy analyst at Raymond James.

Under legislation the House is poised to pass Friday evening, most American parents would receive $3,000 a year for every child ages 6 to 17 and $3,600 a year for every child under age 6. Families are normally entitled to up to $2,000 annually in refundable tax credits per child, an amount that was doubled by Republicans in 2017 with the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

The fully promised $1,400 cash payment would go to any individual earning $75,000 (or couples earning less than $150,000), as well as their dependents. The checks would phase out faster than previous rounds, cutting off individuals who earn more than $100,000 and couples earning more than $200,000.

In an analysis published this week, Mills laid out how a family could receive up to $14,000: A family of four earning less than $150,000 will receive $5,600 -- $1,400 per person -- under the proposed legislation, on top of the $2,400 they received through the relief bill that Congress passed in December. That would bring their total stimulus payments to $8,000, Mills said.

That family could then receive between $6,000 and $7,200 under the revamped Child Tax Credit, which would be paid out in monthly sums beginning in July.

"This support from the federal government is not offset by any tax increases, as it has the goal of stimulating the economy," Mills wrote. "We are in the middle of a new fiscal experiment, aimed at targeting support toward the bottom portion of the K-shaped recovery."

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

Are the child tax credits income dependent? Cuz I got a bigass bill this year.

It would appear so.

Here are four tax breaks included in the $1.9 trillion stimulus plan
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tax-breaks-included-in-the-19-trillion-stimulus-plan-165136040.html

Child tax credit

If the plan passes, the child tax credit would increase to $3,000 per child under 18 and $3,600 per child under 6 for the 2021 tax year. Currently, the tax credit is for $2,000 per child under 17.

The full credit would be available for single filers who make $75,000 or less, joint filers or surviving spouses who make $150,000 or less, and heads of households who make $112,500 or less. After that, the amount of the credit would be reduced by $50 for each $1,000 that exceed the thresholds.

Edited by st1ckboy