• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And where did I say not to wear a mask?  Is the left that stupid?  I'm saying that people are thinking masks are a silver bullet and will protect them 100%, when that is far from the truth.  People have been brainwashed that masks will always protect them, and they will do whatever because masks.  

Explain why this virus is raging when pretty much everyone has been washing their hands raw and wearing masks?  

My theory is that people are ignoring the second form of transmission of the Rona.  People are covering the breathing aspect.  Why do you think cleaning foreign objects is happening when it's an airborne virus?  It's because the second form of transmission of the virus is through the eyes.  How many people where eye protection in addition to a mask?  Why do you think the CDC requires doctors wear masks and a eye protection?  

Just my opinion.  But I think this is going to be the biggest factor and probably ignored in wave 2, just like the delay in masks was a huge factor in wave 1.  

I think you're looking at this the wrong way. 

No, masks are absolutely not a cure, or a catch-all preventative measure. But they help. A lot. Throw in social distancing and you have a pretty good system in place. Unfortunately, "pretty much everyone" are absolutely not wearing a mask, or washing their hands constantly, or social distancing. And that goes for both sides. Between the riots and Trump rallies is it really a surprise it's spreading this badly?

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

If that happens, I will have to avoid this thread because if I read some asshole say, “well it only affects the sick and elderly” I will lose my shit and lose respect for that asshole for the rest of my time on here.  

Oh, my sweet summer child.

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

No, masks are absolutely not a cure, or a catch-all preventative measure. But they help. A lot. Throw in social distancing and you have a pretty good system in place. Unfortunately, "pretty much everyone" are absolutely not wearing a mask, or washing their hands constantly, or social distancing. And that goes for both sides. Between the riots and Trump rallies is it really a surprise it's spreading this badly?

Agreed. I don't think mask wearing is nearly as widespread as people think it is. I go to my local gas station frequently where there is a clear "no mask, no entry sign". Maybe one out of every two people that enter are wearing one. Couple that with the fact that probably a good third of people (out here at least) are too freaking stupid to wear their mask correctly (i.e. just covering their mouth and not their nose, or pulling the mask down whenever they speak). Then add to both those things that people have changed their socialization habits from going out on the regular to having smaller gatherings with various people in homes, where masks are rarely worn, and I think the numbers all make sense. It would probably be spreading faster if we did absolutely nothing, but what we are doing isn't really stopping this because a pretty sizable chunk of the population isn't very vigilant about masks at all, and an even bigger chunk of the population isn't vigilant all the time.

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

And I'm saying if this is the case, then why is it spreading so quickly in LA, where we have been pretty much on continuous monitoring and mandatory mask usage.  

There is no easy answers.  Well, actually there is, Cats are trying to kill us.

Domestic cats can be asymptomatic carriers of SARS-CoV-2, show studies

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And I'm saying if this is the case, then why is it spreading so quickly in LA, where we have been pretty much on continuous monitoring and mandatory mask usage.  

There is no easy answers.  Well, actually there is, Cats are trying to kill us.

Domestic cats can be asymptomatic carriers of SARS-CoV-2, show studies

20201120_115505.jpg

51 minutes ago, Don said:

Agreed. I don't think mask wearing is nearly as widespread as people think it is. I go to my local gas station frequently where there is a clear "no mask, no entry sign". Maybe one out of every two people that enter are wearing one. Couple that with the fact that probably a good third of people (out here at least) are too freaking stupid to wear their mask correctly (i.e. just covering their mouth and not their nose, or pulling the mask down whenever they speak). Then add to both those things that people have changed their socialization habits from going out on the regular to having smaller gatherings with various people in homes, where masks are rarely worn, and I think the numbers all make sense. It would probably be spreading faster if we did absolutely nothing, but what we are doing isn't really stopping this because a pretty sizable chunk of the population isn't very vigilant about masks at all, and an even bigger chunk of the population isn't vigilant all the time.

Update. Just took my car to the dealership to get an oil change. Walked into the service department customer area where there were four people (three employees one customer). All wearing masks, with three out of four wearing them below the nose only.

Just now, NrM said:

Everyone I've talked to at work say they aren't going to take the vaccine right away. These pussies think it will give you aids or something.

They're making it a political issue. It's dumb. 

It's a vaccine that could cure this whole fucking shit show. Who gives a fuck which President takes credit for it.

If it comes out under Trump, I'm absolutely getting that shit if I can. 

4 minutes ago, NrM said:

Everyone I've talked to at work say they aren't going to take the vaccine right away. These pussies think it will give you aids or something.

Everyone at your work won't be getting a vaccine in the first or even second issuance. So they have nothing to worry about, they are not considered essential personnel like the military or hospital workers, police, first responders. In short, they are expendable . Let them stew on that.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Everyone at your work won't be getting a vaccine in the first or even second issuance. So they have nothing to worry about, they are not considered essential personnel like the military or hospital workers, police, first responders. In short, they are expendable . Let them stew on that.

I don't know about that. I think we're essential workers. So we'll probably be second in line to get the vaccine.

20 minutes ago, NrM said:

I guarantee you that I'm in, as soon as I can get one. I am on the lower end of the maximum risk age group, I have underlying conditions that increase my risk if I were to get COVID, and I work in health care.