• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

Most of them have ulterior motives. 

They are after all politicians so it's in their blood. 

How about Nancy? Time to help the American people, right? And she tried to put in a bunch of extra unnecessary spending. Like $35 million for Kennedy center maintenance. What does that have to do with situation we are in?

Yeah, just heard the news on the kennedy center.... unreal

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the United Nations health agency has repeatedly called for the heads of state to lead a "whole of government" response to COVID-19 and said Trump was leading by example.

"That's exactly what he's doing, which we appreciate because fighting this pandemic needs political commitment," Tedros said during an afternoon press briefing in Geneva.

Tedros said he and Trump had recently spoken and that the president is "doing all he can."

"I believe that kind of political commitment and political leadership can bring change or can stop this pandemic," Tedros said.

During the virtual press conference, Tedros called COVID-19 "Public Enemy No. 1," and warned that if some countries don't get serious about putting safety measures in place, the world could see thousands of additional casualties.

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

We also bail out or save the lowest common denominator which as a cop you'd know that better than any of us.  Used to be the prehistoric guy who got too close to the wrong wildlife got eaten and that was the end of his line while his buddies learned what not to do.  These days we have people jumping into cages with wild animals for selfies, licking food they put back for likes and at most it's pretty much a slap on the wrist.  Previous generations that lived through WW1, the Great Depression, WWII and so on were harder people because of it and we're a far cry from them.  As a society some of the ways we've changed in the last so many decades hasn't been for the better. 

I really meant to mention this in my earlier post, but didnt want to ramble more than I already was. But that first part is nail on head.

We are the only species that props up our weak. Natural predators cull out the old, the weak, etc. We protect them.

To be clear here, this is what gives us our humanity. And its a good thing, and what separates us from the animals.

The problem lies beyond that. Just about all species that exist in societies (like apes for example, herd animals) all have mating rituals. This is generally a fight with the other males to establish alpha status, and that one will be the one to impregnate the females of the pack.

No, Im not suggesting The Rock gets to bang all our wives.

Where we ARE shooting ourselves in the foot is whereas in older times, men generally had to show intelligence, and prospects of a good future to land a wife. These days, FAR too many turds are not only reproducing, but doing so at far greater rates than those who take the smart approach (kids are expensive, I shouldnt have 10 of them). 

Most professionals have zero to maybe 3(?) kids, give or take. Go to choloville, and that number is covered by the age of 20-24. And I cant tell you how many pregnant transient women ive met over the years.

And no, Im not trying to play God. Its none of my business who decides to have kids (or not have kids). But strictly from a science / big picture approach, this is how I see things.

Its funny. You can go on youtube, and watch old news interviews with gangsters from the 80s, early 90s. When gangbanging was at its peak. And the gangsters being interviewed, for the most part, were very articulate. Fast forward to today, when the sons and grandsons of those gangsters talk, dear lord. Evolution went the other way. This is where we get mumble rap.

33 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I really meant to mention this in my earlier post, but didnt want to ramble more than I already was. But that first part is nail on head.

We are the only species that props up our weak. Natural predators cull out the old, the weak, etc. We protect them.

To be clear here, this is what gives us our humanity. And its a good thing, and what separates us from the animals.

The problem lies beyond that. Just about all species that exist in societies (like apes for example, herd animals) all have mating rituals. This is generally a fight with the other males to establish alpha status, and that one will be the one to impregnate the females of the pack.

No, Im not suggesting The Rock gets to bang all our wives.

Where we ARE shooting ourselves in the foot is whereas in older times, men generally had to show intelligence, and prospects of a good future to land a wife. These days, FAR too many turds are not only reproducing, but doing so at far greater rates than those who take the smart approach (kids are expensive, I shouldnt have 10 of them). 

Most professionals have zero to maybe 3(?) kids, give or take. Go to choloville, and that number is covered by the age of 20-24. And I cant tell you how many pregnant transient women ive met over the years.

And no, Im not trying to play God. Its none of my business who decides to have kids (or not have kids). But strictly from a science / big picture approach, this is how I see things.

Its funny. You can go on youtube, and watch old news interviews with gangsters from the 80s, early 90s. When gangbanging was at its peak. And the gangsters being interviewed, for the most part, were very articulate. Fast forward to today, when the sons and grandsons of those gangsters talk, dear lord. Evolution went the other way. This is where we get mumble rap.

I've mentioned it before and I'm sure I will again but we continue to move towards Idiocracy becoming more fact than fiction.  Look at birth rates based on income and education level and the highest birth rates are from the those on the lowest end of each spectrum.  Like you said we can't tell others what to do and I'm not advocating that but society gets stuck footing the bill and dealing with poor choices made by others, i.e. kids born with absentee fathers, too many kids born to parents who have a high school diploma or less while they can't support those kids and the cycle continues for the majority of them.  At a point much like the national debt we'll get to a tipping point where it just isn't sustainable anymore and unfortunately there's nothing any of us can do about it. 

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Cancer is the last insurance, unfortunately. Cancer is the one thing we cant figure out.

Every other thing out there, weve dealt with one way or another. No animals use us a food source. Weve learned to kill bacteria with soap and cooking (except the chinese), in the developed world we more of less have eradicated vectors like flees, mosquitos (or at least really pushed them back). And we have eradicated most diseases that killed humans throughout history, by vaccines.

The last animal that preys on us, is us.

By eliminating most of what kills us, our population has gone unchecked, and weve collapsed our ecosystem.

Like that article mentioned, things like this are nature pushing back, trying to keep balance.

Disorder is the natural state of the universe.

48 minutes ago, Redondo said:

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the United Nations health agency has repeatedly called for the heads of state to lead a "whole of government" response to COVID-19 and said Trump was leading by example.

"That's exactly what he's doing, which we appreciate because fighting this pandemic needs political commitment," Tedros said during an afternoon press briefing in Geneva.

Tedros said he and Trump had recently spoken and that the president is "doing all he can."

"I believe that kind of political commitment and political leadership can bring change or can stop this pandemic," Tedros said.

During the virtual press conference, Tedros called COVID-19 "Public Enemy No. 1," and warned that if some countries don't get serious about putting safety measures in place, the world could see thousands of additional casualties.

Thousands out of 7 billion

image.png

18 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I've mentioned it before and I'm sure I will again but we continue to move towards Idiocracy becoming more fact than fiction.  Look at birth rates based on income and education level and the highest birth rates are from the those on the lowest end of each spectrum.  Like you said we can't tell others what to do and I'm not advocating that but society gets stuck footing the bill and dealing with poor choices made by others, i.e. kids born with absentee fathers, too many kids born to parents who have a high school diploma or less while they can't support those kids and the cycle continues for the majority of them.  At a point much like the national debt we'll get to a tipping point where it just isn't sustainable anymore and unfortunately there's nothing any of us can do about it. 

(Trigger warning for sexist comment) Women are the only remaining gatekeepers of natural selection. This is on them.

45 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The government incentivizes people to have more kids. That’s a major problem.