• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who's on first?

Hubs

1B Playing Time  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the most playing time at 1st this season?

• Pujols
    • La Stella
    • Thaiss
    • Walsh
    • Rojas
    • Someone else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Chuck featured this topic

I bet Pujols play 4 days a week, sometimes 5.

If Ohtani doesn't pitch the day he starts, which I think will be rare, then I think he gets the Sunday treatment. In 2018, Monday was the most common day off, but in 2020, they actually have 9 Mondays Off and 10 Thursdays, in addition to 1 Sunday (All Star), 1 Tuesday (All Star) and 3 Wednesdays. So if he pitches Sunday's he'd actually start 26 games. Which at 6 innings per game would be 156. I'd assume that they think he can do 150 innings, and it's possible they skip him a time or two when he doesn't have a Monday Off after. There are two National League Park Sundays, which would mean he'd hit and pitch.

107 DH for Shohei days, leaves only 45 DH starts for Pujols. This is not even two starts per week. Which means he's gonna be at 1st base for 3-4 days per week likely. I'd say Pujols likely starts most Sunday's and Monday's at DH. Then he plays some Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at 1B. He's likely off Thursdays, and plays most Fridays and Saturdays. Saturday could also be a Pujols DH day, if they want to give Ohtani more time to focus on pitching. (That would even it out at 80 and 72... I think the only way that happens is that Thaiss or LaStella are hitting as well as Ohtani).

That's only 3-4 days per week for LaStella or Thaiss.