• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next Steps After Rendon?

Warfarin

5 minutes ago, ettin said:

I think this is extremely unlikely GB and the reason for that is Cozart's surplus value was actually a deep negative even with his expected production (very little) for 2020. That deep negative value actually turned him from a $12.7M expense into more like a $20M expense. Wil Wilson, as a fresh 1st rounder, had about $20M in value, so in my mind a PTBNL is likely a lower-level type prospect with minimal value, basically a lottery ticket flyer.

But, just because I like my conspiracies.  You could say that while Wilson has $20 million in value.  He has $0 in cost.  Where Shark is $19.5 million in value and cost.  So while the value crosses out, the cost is the difference.  And we've seen in baseball time after time, that eventually the costs even out or get closer.  So Cozart was added to bridge that cost gap, and the cash also to bridge the gap.  Again just my conspiracy theory.

Looking at it as Cozart and Wilson for a PTBNL and Cash really doesn't make sense unless it's a pure dump.  But even for a dump, a first rounder to be included?  

But if it's Wilson for Shark.  With Cozart and Cash to balance Sharks salary.  A first rounder for 1 year of a 34 year old pitcher.  Add to that Shark has a no trade clause, in which he can get traded to 8 teams.  Most likely puts the Angels on the NT list.  So the PTBNL makes sense in that regard. 

There has to be a chance right?

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

But, just because I like my conspiracies.  You could say that while Wilson has $20 million in value.  He has $0 in cost.  Where Shark is $19.5 million in value and cost.  So while the value crosses out, the cost is the difference.  And we've seen in baseball time after time, that eventually the costs even out or get closer.  So Cozart was added to bridge that cost gap, and the cash also to bridge the gap.  Again just my conspiracy theory.

Looking at it as Cozart and Wilson for a PTBNL and Cash really doesn't make sense unless it's a pure dump.  But even for a dump, a first rounder to be included?  

But if it's Wilson for Shark.  With Cozart and Cash to balance Sharks salary.  A first rounder for 1 year of a 34 year old pitcher.  Add to that Shark has a no trade clause, in which he can get traded to 8 teams.  Most likely puts the Angels on the NT list.  So the PTBNL makes sense in that regard. 

There has to be a chance right?

absolutely fucking not no way GIF

9 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Well, we did get Greg Jefferies in 90's this way as the PTBNL with the Phillies? Think he was a trade deadline deal.

Jefferies was traded for a player to be named later.... and that ending up being Doug Nickle.  Jefferies was not traded AS the player to be named later.

Edited by True Grich