• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Boxing Thread

It's official. Mayweather to fight Canelo Alvarez in September. The fight will be fought at a catch weight of 152 pounds.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9323856/floyd-mayweather-jr-fight-canelo-alvarez-sept-14

This time the fight that boxing fans want to see most got made.

Pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. and junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez signed on Wednesday night to fight Sept. 14 in the main event of a Showtime pay-per-view event at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in the biggest fight boxing has to offer.

"I chose my opponent for September 14th and it's Canelo Alvarez," Mayweather tweeted to break the news. "I'm giving the fans what they want."

2yllfzo.gif

• 6 years later...
22 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Apparently, some are thinking that a bit of a revival started Saturday night in boxing.    Sounds far fetched, but wondering if Fury's WWE time gave him more recognition going into this fight?  

No, it didn't. 

The first fight did. 

Yeah, there is no WWE connection to the boost.The first fight was epic. You have a bunch of dudes in the heavyweight division that can throw down, unless Ruiz decides to eat tacos and party. You also have dudes like Crawford and Spence that are animals plus GGG and Lomanchenko that destroy. Plus you have Canelo still in the mix. Boxing is on a nice revival.

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, there is no WWE connection to the boost.The first fight was epic. You have a bunch of dudes in the heavyweight division that can throw down, unless Ruiz decides to eat tacos and party. You also have dudes like Crawford and Spence that are animals plus GGG and Lomanchenko that destroy. Plus you have Canelo still in the mix. Boxing is on a nice revival.

It is nice to see, after the fiasco that was Mayweather/Pacquiao.     I saw more punches in P.E. class, than in that fight.

Edited by Angel Oracle

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Brandon said:

What did you think of the stoppage?

I actually had Porter winning the fight up until that point.

I was surprised at first, but agree with the commentators that it wasn't really because of how Porter was doing at that exact moment, but what was to come in the next few rounds. Probably saved him a beating. 

Yeah, I'm trying to find a situation that warrants the stoppage by the corner. I think if we are in the middle rounds, I get it. But there was only to more rounds left and he has a shot at a decision. It also looked like the second knock down was more of a punch to the chest and off balance. Porter took it to him to where I would have let him go and make adjustments between rounds. But good fight and Porter surprised me.

That head butt was nasty. I heard it on the replay. What a nasty gash.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 10:58 PM, Tank said:

I just got ESPN +. Is that a channel where I can watch some of these UFC fights you two always talk about?

Yeah, but the actual main events are still pay-per-view that you would need to buy through the app. It’s gotten so big that they do “Fight Night” cards just about every weekend and you’ll get those as last of the app and also the Contender Series fights, which are basically the equivalent of the minor leagues trying to make it to the big show.

22 hours ago, Lou said:

I think Jake Paul just gave Woodley permanent brain damage.

I’m a huge boxing fan, and have been for a long time.  I never considered what Jake Paul does as boxing, but that punch he landed on Woodley was devastating, and put his ass to sleep.

I still think he’s a clown though.