• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ex-Angels Update

It might give some pleasure to note that Vernon Wells has been playing terribly of late - his stats are down to .263/.313/.457. Wells is 2-22 in his last five games and is hitting a very familiar .229/.260/.375 in May. I personally don't wish any bad mojo on Vernon but it is nice to know that it wasn't just being on the Angels that made him play so poorly.

Torii Hunter's numbers--.312/.358/.427--are surprisingly similar to last year (.313/.365/.451) although with even less power, only 2 HR so far this year. Like Wells he's cooled off a lot in May, hitting .253/.306/.354. I predicted his numbers would drop this year - that his loss of power and high BABIP last year would lead to something like a .270/.750 line this year, which may end up being about what he hits. That said, it will be interesting to see if he can maintain his new high BA, low power approach.

Kendrys Morales started slow but is hitting better and better, now up to .300/.373/.479. I suspect those numbers are legit, although I'd guess he hits for a bit more power and a bit less average and walks going forward...maybe ending with something like .290/.350/.500.

At this point Mike Napoli is ancient history but I'll still give him a mention. He's been solid for a surprisingly good Red Sox team, hitting his usual .258/.338/.485 with a bunch of RBI (39). He's done as a catcher so is basically now a run-of-the-mill DH.

I keep expecting Jean Segura to slump but he just has six hits last night and is now hitting .365/.400/.569, which is almost exactly the same line as Howie Kendrick in the minors. I don't expect him to continue at this pace forever, but he's looking like a legit .300+/.850+ hitter and an All-Star middle infielder. Watching him play is going to hurt for years to come, especially in light of the what-could-have-been scenario of a 1-2 Segura-Trout punch. Oh well.

Not much to say about Jeff Mathis and Maicer Izturis. Mathis is back in the majors and has one hit in 20 at-bats for the Miami Marlins, a team a belongs on. I'm sure he'll heat up and hit at least .150 before the season is through. Izturis continues his poor performance from last year and may be close to the end.

If you were wondering about Brandon Wood he's in AAA where's hit .288/.320/.415 for two teams. He's currently playing for Baltimore's AAA team, Norfolk.

On the pitching side of things, Ervin Santana continues a strong year, although his ERA is now up to 3.33 thanks to a poor showing against the Angels a few days ago. But his walk-strikeout rate bodes well for continued success: 11-57 in 71.1 IP.

Dan Haren continues to give up tons of hits and his ERA is still up at 5.43, but of his 10 starts only 2 or 3 are terrible. He's better than Joe Blanton but not by much.

Tyler Chatwood is back in the majors and pitching well, with a 1.90 ERA through four starts. Obviously that won't continue but he could be starting a run as a solid back-end rotation pitcher. I see a Joe Saunders-esque career ahead of him.

Speaking of Joe Saunders, he's struggling for the Mariners with a 6.09 ERA through ten starts. So much for the "we should have signed Saunders instead of Blanton" meme. I suppose he would have been cheaper at least for similar performance.

Patrick Corbin is now really looking like the one who got away, or at least sharing that title with Jean Segura. He's leading the majors with a 1.71 ERA in 10 starts. Tyler Skaggs is now up as well and pitched 6 shutout innings in his first start. Ouch.

Fernando Rodney continues to be Fernando Rodney, albeit the pre-2012 version (what was that all about?).

Oh yeah Zack Greinke. I barely consider him an Angel. He's just the guy that cost us Jean Segura. Anyhow, he's back and rusty but I'm sure will be fine.

Why are fans so obsessed over past players performances. Get over it they are gone.

What is your problem? It's a perfectly fine topic to discuss and several people already said they weren't following what they were doing. It's a simple topic to inform others of how some of our former guys are doing. Absolutely nothing wrong with this.

I just have never seen a teams fans so obsessed over past players.  I really don't care how they are doing, the only thing I am concerned about is the Angels and how to fix them.

What YOU only care about is not necessarily what everyone else only cares about.

There are 1,405 members here besides yourself.

I just have never seen a teams fans so obsessed over past players. I really don't care how they are doing, the only thing I am concerned about is the Angels and how to fix them.

I'm absolutely certain that all other MLB fans and sports fans do the exact same thing. You think people don't care how their former players perform after they leave?

Darren O'Day: 24 IP, 1.88 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, .209 BAA.

Darren Oliver: He's 42 and currently on the DL, but he's pitched 17 innings, has a 3.18 ERA, 1.47 WHIP, .279 BAA.

Kotchman: 5 AB's, no hits. He got injuried in the second game of the season and he's on the 60 day DL with a strained left hamstring.

Why are fans so obsessed over past players performances. Get over it they are gone.

I just have never seen a teams fans so obsessed over past players.  I really don't care how they are doing, the only thing I am concerned about is the Angels and how to fix them.

Don't ever join a fantasy league.