• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What if we don't get Cole or Rendon?

Docwaukee

Honestly, after his post season performance, i think we need to possibly accept it may not be feasible financially.  He was always going to get paid, but suddenly 200+ may end up 300+ and im not sure that makes sense for us. 
The question for me is this, for the money what makes more sense, Cole or possible 2 of Wheeler, MadBum, and Odorizzi for the same money then add a Rendon or Grandal or both?  
I think we all agree we need more than one guy, and as much as id like to have Cole, i feel like hes going to be out of our league financially unless they plan to push lux tax limitations. 
Sorry to be debbie downer but every great outing he has right now he gets more expensive and we have more than one problem to solve. 

If we don't get Cole, you can also sign one or more of:

Strasburg (if he opts out), Wheeler, Odorizzi, Quintana (if his option is bought out), Bumgarner, Ryu, Hamels, Keuchel, Miley, Gibson, Roark, Pineda, Nova, Porcello, Teheren (if Braves don't exercise option), Gonzalez, Archer (if Pirates don't exercise option), Moore, and Wood.

They could also realistically trade for Ray, Boyd, Bundy, DeSclafani, and/or Samardzija.

There are lots of options in regards to pitching that you can mix and match if Cole is off the table.

As for Rendon, I don't think he's even on the radar if he's going to demand more than 7/$210 mil plus we have legit talent that can cover 3B.

If anything, you are looking at the positional deficiencies like catcher who has Grandal, Gomes (if his option isn't exercised), d'Arnaud, Maldonado, Castro or Avila.

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So business as usual, got it.  As opposed to you letting us know he was an overpay if the Angels signed him. 

never said that did i, but it all depends on how much Arte is actually willing to spend.   Cole alone wont help, Cole plus one of thew other guys mentioned does, the difference between Cole plus and any of the other 2 is easily 10M or more and means were likely out of the other discussion for Rendon and or Grandal for example.
Call it tempering my expectations until i have reason to believe otherwise. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

never said that did i, but it all depends on how much Arte is actually willing to spend.   Cole alone wont help, Cole plus one of thew other guys mentioned does, the difference between Cole plus and any of the other 2 is easily 10M or more and means were likely out of the other discussion for Rendon and or Grandal for example.
Call it tempering my expectations until i have reason to believe otherwise. 

We posted at the same time, that isn’t directed at you. 

24 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Do people expect Strasburg to opt out? 

He’s got 4/100 and will make 25mill next season. 

So if Strasburg opts out its because he’ll be expecting at minimum 6/150 I’d have to think

I’d say this is exactly the thought process. 6 years and $150 million is more than he will probably get for two years after this contract runs out.   Basically if he plays out this contract would he get two years and $50 million?  Probably not which is why he will opt out. 

3 hours ago, nate said:

The odds of us getting either of those guys have to be kinda low.  Nothing to do with the Angels position but the fact that both, especially Cole will be #1 on half the teams in baseballs FA list.

Yeah I could see Boston giving him $400 Million

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’d say this is exactly the thought process. 6 years and $150 million is more than he will probably get for two years after this contract runs out.   Basically if he plays out this contract would he get two years and $50 million?  Probably not which is why he will opt out. 

He's likely looking at his teammate Corbin's deal as a guide...

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

A. Cole. Arte make him the highest pay pitcher.

B. Will be Strasburg and/or Wheeler

C. Will be Hamels or Kechuel

D. Trade Marsh + for top of the rotation arm (hopefully not)

E. Cry

and also Cole is getting payed, do is On! Don't Worry he's be on the Angels next year.

F:

:  Angel-fan.png