• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why the Los Angeles Angels Will Definitely Make the Playoffs

I love this Yahoo article and completely agree.

I particularly like the part where he says "The lineup is solid all around and also happens to have three former league MVPs in Josh Hamilton, Albert Pujols and Mike Trout (give it a rest, Miguel Cabrera fans, your old-timey Triple Crown bores me)."

My prediction: This team kicks ass the rest of the year and wins 90+ games, sneaks into the postseason, and wins the freakin' World Series!

You heard it here first.

(And yes, I have been drinking).

I love this Yahoo article and completely agree.

I particularly like the part where he says "The lineup is solid all around and also happens to have three former league MVPs in Josh Hamilton, Albert Pujols and Mike Trout (give it a rest, Miguel Cabrera fans, your old-timey Triple Crown bores me)."

My prediction: This team kicks ass the rest of the year and wins 90+ games, sneaks into the postseason, and wins the freakin' World Series!

You heard it here first.

(And yes, I have been drinking).

This is like the time that Trout promised the Angels would get to the playoffs in a postgame interview. If it actually happens he looks like a genius with great foresight. If not, most people won't remember anyway. 

Look, this wasn't an article it's a Yahoo contributor blog. Still….not that far from reality.

51 games into the season the Angels are 23-28. Considering they were 9-17 in April that's pretty good. Especially when you factor in their first few games of May. (6-8 through the 15th).

At 23-28, they need to play well in the next 7 games against the Dodgers and the Astros, then they get the Cubs at home for two before an off day, and venturing to Boston for a weekend set. Next Thursday, they will have played 60 games, with 102 to play.

If they are at 32-28, that's awesome. It'd be a 9 game winning streak. I'm hoping for 7-2, which is doable, considering who they are playing. The Dodgers have scored the second least amount of runs in the league, Cubs are 21st, and Houston in 20th. The Angels have allowed the third most, but have been much better in the last 2 weeks. They allowed 36 runs in the last 11 games while scoring 70. 

When they go to Boston on the 7th, they'll have 102 games left.

With 30 wins, it would take somewhere between a 60-42 and a 65-37 record to firmly grasp a playoff spot.

No doubt they are in a hole, but hopefully they can dig their way out 

In April the team went 9-17.

In May they face the Dodgers three more times and the Astros once. Three wins puts them at 17-12 for the month, 26-29 overall.

June features 3 home games with Houston, 2 with the Cubs, 4 with Seattle, 3 with the Yankees, and 3 with Pittsburgh. They get 3 road games against Boston, 3 against Baltimore, 3 against Detroit, and finish the month with 3 against Houston. 

Not a bad 27 game schedule overall. If they go 17-10 I'd be really happy. If they go 15-12, It'd be okay. 17 wins puts them at 43-39 for the year.

July features 3 home games against the Cardinals (best record in MLB), 3 against Boston, 3 vs Oakland, and 3 vs. the Twins. They get road games against the Cubs in Wrigley for 2, go to Safeco for 3, 4 against Oakland, and three in Texas. 

24 games featuring 12 on the road and 12 at home. They play much better teams, so a .500 record is okay, but hopefully a 14-10 record. 14 wins puts them at 57-49.

The Dog Days of August begin with 4 at home versus Toronto, then three against Texas, then later in the month Houston, and Cleveland three each. There is a mid-month road trip with three in Cleveland, and 4 in New York, and they close the month with three in Seattle, three in Tampa and Two in Milwaukee. 

28 games featuring 15 on the road and 13 at home. Good teams and bad teams. If they go 17 and 11, I'd be really happy. If they go 15-13 I'd be okay. 17 wins puts them at 74-60.

September features 1 on the road in Milwaukee, 1 in Minnesota, three in Toronto, three in Houston, and three in Oakland followed by four in Texas to finish the month. In between there are 4 at home with Tampa Bay, three with Texas, three with Seattle and Three with Oakland.

28 games again featuring 13 at home, and 15 on the road. They need to go 16-12. Which would put them at 90-72 for the year.

To get to 95 wins, they'd need to do maybe 18-9 in June, 15-9 in July, 19-9 in August, 18-10 in September.

That's a lot of wins. But they can start by winning tonight.