• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How much would you offer Keuchel?

tchula

If the Angels were only a mid to back end starter away from the playoffs, they wouldn't be a 90+ loss team. 

This team is in need of an ace, a borderline ace and a mid rotation starter (not back end, mid) away from simply being a contender. That's a lot of money and or prospects it will cost to get them back on the right path. There isn't any part of that shopping list that Dallas Keuchel fills, so I wouldn't bother spending money on him. 

Really, I'm just hoping Arte loses his patience and tells Eppler to spend and make this a championship team, the same way he did with Dipoto.

If he does that, Eppler might come away with Cole and Strasburg. You put those two at the front of the rotation and a healthy Ohtani behind them, this is a 90+ win team. You combine that with a healthy season from Trout and Upton, the addition of a true game changer like Adell, the natural progression of skills from depth guys like Rengifo, Thaiss, Hermosillo, Ward, and Walsh, as well as the natural improvement of young guys like Patrick Sandoval, Griffin Canning and Jose Suarez, and it'll be enough to unseat the A's in the wild card.

@Second Base I see it as Keuchel could have a role here but it would be after a major free agent signing and a possible trade for an Archer type. Or possibly a trade like the one you suspected Eppler was trying to make at the deadline.  Keuchel certainly can’t be your big move on a team in our position, but he could be a move if a couple other moves happen first.  That being said I’d rather go with your, “fuck it sign everyone” move.