• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/30 Red Sox @ Angels

11 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

i would hate it if Cahill makes it to 100 innings. It's probably an incentive mark. He's the only Angel left who can reach 100 innings.

I know it's a long shot, but Heaney should get 5 more starts. If he averages 6 IP per start, he'll barely make it. I wonder if a team has ever gone an entire season without a pitcher throwing 100 innings. Even in 1981, I'll bet every team had at least one guy.

Season symbolized by this game.

First batter homers and fall behind big, early. Starting pitching shaky.

Chip away, relief holds and a late comeback ties the game. 

Chances frittered away to win, including bases loaded. 

The worst pitcher on the team serves up a fat pitch for the losing homer.

Other than Goodwin early and a spray hitting Pujols, one of the worst displays of team hitting. Trout's bat speed is off. Ohtani has a likely career worst game. 0 for 8? Do they even have a precedent for that? The golden sombrero would be an upgrade. Will any catcher ever get a hit? Calhoun fishing all night. Simmons and Fletcher mostly easy outs. 

The positives were in the pitching between the starter and the loser. Lots of good innings wasted.

Also note that the Red Sox  media carry a lot of influence in the east. And they don't see Trout that often. They already mentioned that he's slumping (I had to watch the obnoxious  Boston feed). A poor series and MVP doubts will be spread. Last impressions sometimes determine overall opinions. Trout will have to finish the season strong to compensate for playing on an irrelevant team. 

A fitting end to another devestating day in a frustrating season.

7 hours ago, gurn67 said:

I know it's a long shot, but Heaney should get 5 more starts. If he averages 6 IP per start, he'll barely make it. I wonder if a team has ever gone an entire season without a pitcher throwing 100 innings. Even in 1981, I'll bet every team had at least one guy.

The Angels will be the first. Also, only the 1919 Phillies have had no pitcher make at least 20 starts. The Angels could join them.