• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2019 Angels attendance still on track to top 3,000,000

yk9001

1 minute ago, Calzone 2 said:

There was a game earlier this season when the Angels announced that the attendance was 38,000+ which was a lie. I called my buddy at Anaheim PD who gets the actual turnstile counts by the 5th inning to assign traffic control and he told me it was 17,000+.

Oh my god.  Stop being such a fuc*king dumbass.  They announce the tickets sold.  Jesus man.  Why are you like this ?

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Oh my god.  Stop being such a fuc*king dumbass.  They announce the tickets sold.  Jesus man.  Why are you like this ?

Go to any box score on mlb.com.

They post "att".  I think that is short for 'attendance', not 'tickets sold'.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The *actual attendance* isn’t made known publicly by the Angels.  Obviously its not 3 million people.  

Again, who. gives. a. shit. 

The spinmeisters' headline at Anaheim Pravda says Angels reach 3 million in home attendance

The Angels are super duper proud of it.  Almost so proud, they are willing to lie about it.

https://www.mlb.com/angels/press-release/angels-reach-3-million-in-home-attendance-294615728

Edited by yk9001

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

They never say tonight’s “PAID” attendance is _ _ , _ _ _ 

‘Attendance’ means people that are actually present. 

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Go to any box score on mlb.com.

They post "att".  I think that is short for 'attendance', not 'tickets sold'.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ticketnews.com/2017/11/mlb-attendance-paid-versus-actual/%3famp

"That’s because attendance numbers are measured by the seats that have been paid for, not the seats that are physically filled, at each game. If ballparks keep count of turnstile clicks, they certainly don’t release that data – and haven’t since 2000"

The last game I went to they said "today's paid attendance is..." while butts in the seats looked to be about 70% of that.  If 3M is the magic number for the front office so be it.  I'd guess in recent years they've had a lot of last minute sales, offers or unloading tickets for next to nothing to large groups to get the numbers up because the product on the field isn't doing it.  

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

The spinmeisters' headline at Anaheim Pravda says Angels reach 3 million in home attendance

The Angels are super duper proud of it.  Almost so proud, they are willing to lie about it.

https://www.mlb.com/angels/press-release/angels-reach-3-million-in-home-attendance-294615728

I’m not going to argue pointless semantics with you.  As previously pointed out in the thread all teams report the same shit.  

Just now, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The last game I went to they said "today's paid attendance is..." while butts in the seats looked to be about 70% of that.  If 3M is the magic number for the front office more power to them.  I'd guess in recent years they've had a lot of last minute sales or offers to get the numbers up because the product on the field isn't doing it.  

FACE!

Just now, Lou said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ticketnews.com/2017/11/mlb-attendance-paid-versus-actual/%3famp

"That’s because attendance numbers are measured by the seats that have been paid for, not the seats that are physically filled, at each game. If ballparks keep count of turnstile clicks, they certainly don’t release that data – and haven’t since 2000"

Oh I know it represents 'tickets sold'.  Just funny they call it 'attendance".

8 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

There are two sets of nutswinger arguments on this thread:

• The tickets sold is real, and a lot of people bought tickets in February and March, but don't feel like going.
  • The number is bogus, but everybody does it.

Which should we address first?

And speaking to my buddy Ron Holt at 714 tickets that at least 5000 season ticket holder immediately put all of their tickets for sale on the secondary market. They cash in and rarely attend games. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

I was just going to say there is almost certainly an asterisks explaining this simple and obvious but apparently to some unfathomably indecipherable concept.  Jesus some of these guys insist on being baby brains.  

Try just a little bit.  A fu*cking ounce of critical thinking.  

And im done.  Before I have a stroke. Usually I only get this worked up on the POL board. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

They do release that information privately to the Anaheim PD for manpower purposes only. 

1 minute ago, Calzone 2 said:

And speaking to my buddy Ron Holt at 714 tickets that at least 5000 season ticket holder immediately put all of their tickets for sale on the secondary market. They cash in and rarely attend games. 

So let's follow that to its logical conclusion.

People aren't buying these seats.  So how can they cash in?

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

So let's follow that to its logical conclusion.

People aren't buying these seats.  So how can they cash in?

They rake during the Dodgers, Yankees, Astros, Red Sox series and any series that gives away any Trout, Ohtani or Pujols man dolls. 

Edited by Calzone 2