• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2019 Angels attendance still on track to top 3,000,000

yk9001

18 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

I don’t get it from either side.  I don’t understand the team hyping this up like it is real, nor do I understand that the guy that cares about the team hyping this up.  Especially when the guy that cares about this doesn’t go to games nor does he watch more than a few innings of baseball a year.  Seems like a really big waste of time.  

I honestly don’t get what the issue is with the Angels discussing how many tickets they’ve sold.  That’s a principle part of their business is it not ? what difference does it make whether people show up or not ? And the 3 million thing isn’t like a joke streak.  I think like 3 or 4 teams in the majors have done it as long as the Angels.  The Dodgers haven’t even maintained it as long as the Angels have.  Again, to me it seems like a good thing.  All the other obviously bad stuff aside.  I don’t know.  I don’t actively hope that the team does badly financially.  And I don’t get why supposed fans would either. 

4 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I've always found lying interesting.  Other angelswin members have made scores of posts talking about former players' cock sizes.  That never interested me.

The Angels perpetuating a falsehood, in the face of obvious evidence to the contrary, interests me.  It almost makes me wonder, "what else do they lie about?"

What makes you say they’re lying.  If they sold the tickets they sold the tickets.  

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

giphy.gif

Seriously.  What makes you think that the Angels are special regarding how they report their sales ?  All the teams do the same shit. 

I know, that you know that there’s a difference between tickets sold and actual attendance.  The team is bad man, people who spent 8 dollars a ticket back in February or March or whatever aren’t going to come out en masse and pay for parking and 20$ bucks for a beer and wiener.  What’s your point ?  And corporate seats never show up for every game.  That’s how this works. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I'm an NFL fan.  The Washington Redskins for decades claimed they had a long season ticket waiting list.  They were super proud of it.  It was absurd on the face of it.  Scores of seats were available for sale at game time.  Wide swaths of Fed Ex Field were empty.  Yet the skins claimed they had a waiting list. Yet little Danny Snyder perpetuated his lie year after year.

Again, I found that interesting.  It may or may not be related, but Snyder is one of the worst owners in the NFL.

If you think that about 1 million people (my guess) buy tickets, and don't show up every year, have at it.  That doesn't pass any kind of sniff test to me.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I'm an NFL fan.  The Washington Redskins for decades claimed they had a long season ticket waiting list.  They were super proud of it.  It was absurd on the face of it.  Scores of seats were available for sale at game time.  Wide swaths of Fed Ex Field were empty.  Yet the skins claimed they had a waiting list. Yet little Danny Snyder perpetuated his lie year after year.

Again, I found that interesting.  It may or may not be related, but Snyder is one of the worst owners in the NFL.

If you think that about 1 million people (my guess) buy tickets, and don't show up every year, have at it.  That doesn't pass any kind of sniff test to me.

Teams don't sell all of their seats to season ticket holders. 

scott boras has the suite behind home plate, and it's always in the tv shot. he probably paid $100k plus to be there, and his suite sits empty probably 25% of the games, but those seats in his suite still count as part of the attendance each home game whether or not anyone is sitting there.

7 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Just out of curiosity did you ever try to buy season seats to the Redskins?

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Teams don't sell all of their seats to season ticket holders. 

Thanks, captain obvious.  The Redskin season ticket waiting list was a farce.

Or maybe the same people who are buying up Angels seats, only to not sit in them, were buying up Redskins seats, only not to sit in them.

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

Or maybe the same people who are buying up Angels seats, only to not sit in them, were buying up Redskins seats, only not to sit in them.

The waiting time for A’s season tickets is about a 2 minutes. ?

8 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

The redskins waiting list thing was plainly a lie.  I have no idea why you’re bringing that up.  Seriously man, it doesn’t make any sense to bring up the redskins and the myriad of train wrecks around them up here.  

And it wouldn’t need to be any where near a million people.  I mean think it through man.  How many different types are buying these tickets.  Businesses, resellers.  It’s not that complicated man. 

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

You think the data on season tickets sold is a lie? 

1 minute ago, Baghdad Strad said:

Ok cool.  So it’s a farce because you say so, or because you found out some other way?  

They got a new chief business officer and he couldn't perpetuate the lie

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23781290/washington-redskins-acknowledge-no-waiting-list-season-tickets

https://www.businessinsider.com/washington-redskins-single-game-tickets-waitlist-2018-8

Then the Redskins shitcanned him at the end of the year.

Edited by yk9001

There was a game earlier this season when the Angels announced that the attendance was 38,000+ which was a lie. I called my buddy at Anaheim PD who gets the actual turnstile counts by the 5th inning to assign traffic control and he told me it was 17,000+.

Just now, Calzone 2 said:

There was a game earlier this season when the Angels announced that the attendance was 38,000+ which was a lie. I called my buddy at Anaheim PD who gets the actual turnstile counts by the 5th inning to assign traffic control and he told me it was 17,000+.

21,000 people had to watch The Bachelor that night.