• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Six man rotation in 2020?

6 hours ago, totdprods said:

Tough to do if they sign Cole and the trade asks continue to be this high - and if they don’t sign Cole, I don’t know how much money they’ll want to tie up on mid-tier guys on multi year deals. But i totally agree.

Really interesting offseason ahead.

I’d like to see a Calhoun for Teheran swap. 

Calhoun for Teheran would be great. Then sign Cole and another solid piece. Even a guy like Porcello, who won't cost much, would be a big upgrade over most of the guys we are trotting out there. 

4 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

^^^

The 6-man rotation was never really a 6-man rotation. The Angels believe the starters are mostly better off with 5 days rest instead of 4, but that’s also a function of the guys they had. I’m sure if they signed Cole he’d pitch more often than the other guys. 

Also, you can have 5 starters on your roster and call up a guy for a spot start 1-2 times a month when you want to give the other guys an extra day. 

This is where my head spins on this. To me anyway, what you describe above is a five man rotation, and you just make some decisions here and there (like calling up somebody for a spot start) for the good of the team, just like basically every team does.

1 hour ago, RBM said:

I like Teheran but why would the Braves give him up for Calhoun and $14 M when they can pick up the option on Nick Markakis for $6 M?

Calhoun’s much better defensively, a few years younger, has a little more upside but a little more risk, and they get Bedrosian too. They just gave up Kolby Allard for a couple months of Martin, so that shows how much they might value some relief help. Moving Teheran also helps clear up some salary for pursuing someone with more upside and frontline skills like Bumgarner, who I think they’ll target, and opens up the rotation a little more for their young SP prospects. 

Teheran’s far less likely to have his option declined than Calhoun, but still a good chance it happens. It’s a one for one that helps out both teams. Calhoun makes Markakis expendable and he’d fit the Angels need of a steady stopgap COF/1B if they don’t trust Goodwin or if Adell isn’t quite ready. Bedrosian balances the deal back. 

Edited by totdprods