• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's our rotation now?

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Realistically what would Syndergaard cost?  Would it have to cost Adell?  Or Marsh and everyone else?

Maybe Marsh but then you'd probably have to add not only several other prospects but maybe a major league guy also....not sure who the Mets would want....maybe a Fletcher or Rengifo....other than Canning or Buttrey, not sure we have any pitching on the big league roster that would get anybody excited...and getting Syndergaard but losing Canning kind of defeats the purpose of adding pitching so you certainly wouldn't do that...

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Realistically what would Syndergaard cost?  Would it have to cost Adell?  Or Marsh and everyone else?

I don’t think Adell really has anyone comparable anymore. Straight up for like, a Giolito or Snell is close. 

Marsh, Suarez, Jones, and a low-level lotto tick feels like a fair price for Thor.

Just now, totdprods said:

I don’t think Adell really has anyone comparable anymore. Straight up for like, a Giolito or Snell is close. 

Marsh, Suarez, Jones, and a low-level lotto tick feels like a fair price for Thor.

Maybe swap out Marsh for one or two of the guys further away?  Maybe Thiass goes to the Mets, to sweeten the offer?

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Maybe swap out Marsh for one or two of the guys further away?  Maybe Thiass goes to the Mets, to sweeten the offer?

I think any true impact arm with control is really going to require Marsh’s inclusion. Teams know that he’s blocked with Adell, Upton, and Trout all around, and a whole wave of OF prospects behind him. He’s the closest the Angels have to a Top 100 that’s expendable and it’s be a no-brained for teams to insist on him being the headliner.

He could be maybe be replaced with two top players from Rookie Ball class, but that’s probably a wave that Eppler is counting on contributing more to future success - they’re the core we need when this current wave starts thinning out - so I actually think Marsh is easier to give up.

And this is specific for impact arms with control. Syndergaard, Bauer, Ray, Boyd, maybe Stroman...the next tier down or true rentals probably can be had without Marsh.

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don't see Thaiss having much trade value right now considering his disastrous MLB debut at the plate. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Mets need a Center Fielder, bullpen help, and a starting pitcher. Also, I am sure they would love to find a sucker to dump Cano's contract on. 

Also, Thaiss won't have a spot on the Mets. Alonzo and Dom Smith are clogging up 1B, and McNeil will take over for Frazier at 3B

Edited by NJHalo

Marsh, Soriano and maybe a guy like Thaiss probably gets Snydergaard done. 

Snydergaard is a special player but I still say tread very carefully when trading position players for any pitcher.  I’d do this just to be clear but pitchers generally.  Mets pitchers particularly are risky.