• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels rotation for Mariners series: Peña w/ opener on Friday, Harvey on Saturday, Suarez on Sunday

They should just let Pena start as opposed to opening with a reliever.  Since last season, when he's started the game (including 4 starts this season), he's gone:

4.03 ERA 1.214 WHIP 21 GS 107.1 IP 95 H 48 ER 10 HR 35 BB 97 K 

Coming in after the opener:

4.89 ERA 1.246 WHIP 13 G    57 IP     52 H 31 ER 11 HR 19 BB 66 K

Same with Barria...just start the guy without an opener, he was fine last season without.

I get the reason, and for some guys it work, but it seems Barria and Pena don't really need it.

51 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

They should just let Pena start as opposed to opening with a reliever.  Since last season, when he's started the game (including 4 starts this season), he's gone:

Same with Barria...just start the guy without an opener, he was fine last season without.

I get the reason, and for some guys it work, but it seems Barria and Pena don't really need it.

I believe they abandoned Barria with an opener for some time now and don't plan to revisit it in the future.

2 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

It literally worked perfectly for him his first three starts with an opener - seriously, he recorded 27 straight outs facing the lineup the first time through  without a walk or hit allowed when using an opener - but he’s been roughed up the last several starts. 

Edited by totdprods

35 minutes ago, totdprods said:

It literally worked perfectly for him his first three starts with an opener - seriously, he recorded 27 straight outs facing the lineup the first time through  without a walk or hit allowed when using an opener - but he’s been roughed up the last several starts. 

I know you are not talking about Barria.  His fourth appearance with an opener he went 1.2 and gave up 7 runs.

58 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Harvey's numbers in Salt Lake are horrible.

The only silver lining is that he struck out 10 batters in 6 innings and walked only 3.

You’re combining the two rehab games. One of them was a month ago, before he started tweaking his delivery to increase the velo. 

And you really shouldn’t read too much into hit and run totals in the PCL. 

He’s going to get a chance because, unfortunately for the Angels, they don’t have a lot of options. 

I wouldn’t expect them to give him many starts (2 or 3) if he’s not better, though. 

4 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

You’re combining the two rehab games. One of them was a month ago, before he started tweaking his delivery to increase the velo. 

And you really shouldn’t read too much into hit and run totals in the PCL. 

He’s going to get a chance because, unfortunately for the Angels, they don’t have a lot of options. 

I wouldn’t expect them to give him many starts (2 or 3) if he’s not better, though. 

were they considering putting him in the pen?  

6 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Apparently Ausmus and White are not privy to the same data and analysis as us common folk, @mulwin444

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

They actually do. 

Just about anyone in Salt Lake or Mobile is better than both Cahill and Harvey. 

Ok but we still need roster spots for JC and Middleton, which one of both will probably take their spot/s.   But with the injuries we’ve seen with our staff we shouldn’t rush pitchers to the majors just to satisfy our desire to get rid of Cahill and Harvey. 

2 minutes ago, #WeNasty said:

Ok but we still need roster spots for JC and Middleton, which one of both will probably take their spot/s.   But with the injuries we’ve seen with our staff we shouldn’t rush pitchers to the majors just to satisfy our desire to get rid of Cahill and Harvey. 

I understand that, but you know as well as I do that based on what we've seen from Cahill and Harvey this season, we simply cannot get any worse from talent brought up from the minors. 

The duo have been a complete disaster. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

I understand that, but you know as well as I do that based on what we've seen from Cahill and Harvey this season, we simply cannot get any worse from talent brought up from the minors. 

The duo have been a complete disaster. 

I get that but to me it feels like we rushed Suarez and he was our most ready.  I worry about rushing someone and ruining their development and confidence.