• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Thaiss Promoted

Per a couple sources on Twitter and Fletcher - assuming this means La Stella is going to the IL with Thaiss picking up time at 3B.

Edited by totdprods

Both La Stella and Goodwin are pending CT scan results so maybe one of those two...or both going to the IL.  Thaiss has been playing 3B lately so maybe they are looking at Simmons at SS, Fletcher at 3B/2B/SS/LF, Rengifo at SS/2B and Thaiss at 3B/1B

6 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

What a weird time to make your MLB debut. I can't imagine finally reaching a lifelong dream and everyone else is devastated.

Not to say that he isn't sad as well, but it certainly won't be like most MLB debuts.

In some ways this is a nice injection of some happiness.

45 minutes ago, RBM said:

Looks like Thaiss will replace La Stella in the infield rotation. Congrats to him on his first day in the Bigs.

Or Rengifo plays every day at 2b, Fletcher at 3b....Thaiss fits in as a part time guy....

There should be enough playing time top go around. Here's just a general example of how it can work out.

Game 1: 1B Pujols 2B Rengifo SS Simmons 3B Fletcher

Game 2: 1B Pujols 2B Fletcher SS Simmons 3B Thaiss

Game 3: 1B Pujols 2B Rengifo SS Simmons 3B Thaiss

Game 4: 1B Pujols 2B Fletcher SS Rengifo 3B Thaiss

Game 5: 1B Thaiss 2B Rengifo SS Simmons 3B Fletcher

Everyone playing 80% of the time. 4/5 games. 

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

^Yes, although assuming full health, Simmons isn't an 80% starter like the rest. And of course you forgot Bour.

Bour needs to be playing over Pujols right now. 

He had his day in the sun in St. Louis, I think he needs an extended IL stint. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Bour needs to be playing over Pujols right now. 

He had his day in the sun in St. Louis, I think he needs an extended IL stint. 

I agree, but I'll believe it when I see it. In the five games he's played since STL, he's hit .200/.238/.200. Small sample size, but Bour has been raking.