• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Welcome back: Pujols set for return against Cardinals for first time

I was supposed to go to all of these STL games as the company I work for moved to St Louis last year, but had to cancel my business trips for June since I am coaching my son's last Little League All Star team.  While it would be incredible to watch this homecoming in person and I've been looking forward to it since the schedule came out, I think I've made the right choice.

29 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I just want the pujols-Angels era to be over.  

I'd love for the "best fans in baseball" to kidnap Pujols this weekend, and never let him leave St. Louis.

I think it would be great for MLB and the Angels to leave Albert in St. louis with a check written for the balance owed and agree to allow Albert to finish his career with the Cardinals. win-win for everyone. 

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

He can finish out his days with his personal services contract with whatever investment group owns the Cardinals now.

win-win for everyone.

That would probably be beneficial to Albert, his family and his foundation which are all based in St. louis. They could call it a trade for a PTBN later and relieve some salary space.

6 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Gubicza's boner over the prospect of visiting St. Louis this weekend to relive all of Pujols' past achievements probably got him stopped at border security leaving Toronto.

They should just wrap Albert up in a Cardinals blanket and drop him off at a fire station in St. louis. 

Edited by Calzone 2

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

FFS can’t you two just boilerplate your Pujols sniping so we can all get on with our lives 

It wouldn't be so bad if it was in any way clever/funny/fresh, but alas, that's just too much to ask for. 

It's tough when a franchise icon changes teams. You always feel he doesn't quite belong to the new team. No matter how exemplary he acts. 

The tremendous difference between his Angels and Cards numbers and personal/team success makes this even more obvious. 

Willie Mays as a Met was far worse, but understandable because he returned to his original city and fan base. And it was only a brief but painful finale.

I always look at Albert's Angel career as something he undertook in good faith, and he gave his best on and off the field. But diminishing skills and results just made the situation more awkward.

And the way he left the Cardinals also may have been an unresolved emotional factor for him too. Probably will have closure this weekend.

Ideally he will probably sign a one day contract to retire as a Cardinal when the end comes to his playing career.