• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tommy La Stella has to be an All-Star 2B, right?

Chuck

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

they shouldn't worry about roster limits for the ASG.  

Let the fans vote in their favorite players, but find a way to select guys having a great season to this point as well.  

If they don't play, they don't play.  I am sure guys who got selected would be happy regardless.  

along with this, they need to dump the requirement for every team to have a player on the all star team. tim salmon was left off the team one year because the tigers needed a rep, and robert fisk, outfielder, was chosen at the expense of salmon. it's a silly stipulation, and it happens every single year.

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

The ASG is a popularity contest, so there is about a 0.05% chance that he gets voted in.

In my opinion, they should get rid of fan voting altogether and choose the players for each position that have the best stats.

Scratch that. They should create an electoral college system based on which teams have the most amount of fans.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

It's a popularity contest, and you literally have to be Mike Trout or Shohei Ohtani in order to make the all-star team from the Angels.  No one from the east coast is going to vote for Tommy La Stella, David Fletcher or Ty Buttrey, and Angels fans simply don't mobilize the way other fan bases do, they're very regionalized and generally disinterested in fan voting or whatever else.

My guess is Mike Trout is an all-star, and Tommy La Stella and Ty Buttrey head up "should've been an all-star" list, and the rest of the east coast asks, "who the heck is David Fletcher?"

I never get the lower number of Angels' fan votes for all-stars here.

We have an average 3 mil fans per year visiting Angels stadium. If the stadium inserts ballots into seats like other stadiums, how do we always end up 

with less votes than others?

6 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

I never get the lower number of Angels' fan votes for all-stars here.

We have an average 3 mil fans per year visiting Angels stadium. If the stadium inserts ballots into seats like other stadiums, how do we always end up 

with less votes than others?

I think they did away with the paper ballot system years ago. 

I like the idea that every team have a representative in the game. It’s just a exhibition game for the fans.

I don’t like the idea that it should mean anything more than what it is. Let the players have fun and decide for themselves how much effort they put into playing. Don’t need any injuries or overworked pitchers. 

It would be fun to see La Stella in the game. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

along with this, they need to dump the requirement for every team to have a player on the all star team. tim salmon was left off the team one year because the tigers needed a rep, and robert fisk, outfielder, was chosen at the expense of salmon. it's a silly stipulation, and it happens every single year.

Talk about forgettable names

Made the 2002 ASG with only a .764 OPS at the end of that season?    In the steroids era?   WTF?

5 hours ago, eaterfan said:

He's definitely better offensively than Merriweather this season, but I'm not sure the consistency from year to year make the gap only a slight gap at most.

Yeah for sure, I'm only talking about this year. Either way I don't expect him to get in. Realistically Trout, La Stella, and Fletcher are all deserving but no way a mediocre team gets 3. Also this fanbase isn't like the royals, so the votes won't be there.