• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New leadoff batter

Does anyone else think Goodwin should be given a shot at leadoff? At least Goodwin or Fletcher. Cozart can’t hit and Calhoun takes massive daddy hacks (and strikes out) to not be considered a leadoff guy. Goodwin and Fletcher also have great speed.

If Ausmus is addicted to having Fletcher hit 9th, then maybe he should try this:

Goodwin (LF), Trout (CF), Simmons (SS), Bour (1B), Lucroy (C), Pujols (DH), Calhoun (RF), LaStella (2B), Fletcher (3B).

22 minutes ago, Anaheim Ohtanitrouts said:

Goodwin should bat after trout every single game until Ohtani is back. I don't understand the issue with having fletch leadoff, he never strikes out, always puts the ball in play and has good enough speed.

I'm good with Fletcher, Trout & Goodwin to start the lineup.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It’s time to finally cut bait at some point this season on Calhoun, if they can’t stop hitting him in the leadoff spot.

They really think he’s going to rally like he did in 2018?

I hope he does rally mid season to trade bait him in July like we did Kinsler last year.

Calhoun has no business leading off. It should be fletch or Goodwin at this point. Trout needs people on base in front of him or they will just continue to pitch around him. I mean I would even consider:

Fletch

Goodwin

Trout

Simmons

Bour

Lucroy

Pujols

Calhoun

LaStella

Once Ohtani and Upton get back they'll be much deeper.

Remember when everyone was bitching about Scioscia's different lineups throughout the season? 

I'll take all of that and then some over what Ausmus has been doing. 

There's no way Calhoun would be leading off over Fletcher after nearly a month of play and with Calhoun sporting a .179/.274/.369 slash line, vs. Fletcher's .297/.342/.392

Goodwin has been the best hitter outside of Trout and Fletcher and should be protecting him in the 3rd spot. Simmons has been really bad. If you take his recent hot streak out last week he's been absolutely garbage at the plate. Let's hope that turns around soon so we can get some consistency out of him. I'm tired of Simmons coming up with RISP only to see him and either Bour or Pujols GIDP's to end a threat, so we desperately need Ohtani and someone else besides Cozart at 3B to produce real soon. Lucroy/Smith have been decent offensively at C. 

Sucks that we lost Adell to an injury because with Calhoun's slow start and a possible hot streak to start the season for Adell could have called for an early promotion for our top prospect. 

I've come to the realization that Calhoun is nothing more than a late inning defensive replacement in RF because of his arm and range in the outfield. His bat has been well below average over the past 2 seasons now. I wish we would have went after Markakis who was available who is mirroring what he did last season and off to a .329/.400/.487 start. 

13 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Scioscia continued to have Calhoun lead off.  Ausmus has continued that "tradition."

Is this really an Eppler thing?

The only analytical conclusion from Calhoun leading off, is positioning to a higher draft pick. Other than that, the guy has no place other than defensive replacement.