• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Apollo 11

Just saw it last night. First movie in god knows how long.

Bottom line, go see it. I didnt know what to expect. Knew it was a documentary. But was there going to be a narrator? Interviews? Etc etc.

Nope. Its straight old footage... for an hour and a half. No narrator. Sounds boring, right?

Not at all. The footage was amazing. Saw stuff id never seen in any other video. 

The talking is all comm chatter with the ground control and the astronauts.

That whole project is still just amazing. Sad most people dont find it cool anymore. 

Thousands of very smart people found a way to shoot 3 men to the moon, in a rocket and what amounts to a camper. And get them back. Just unbelievable. 

Armstrongs heartrate when they landed (he was flying it) was about 160 BPM...

Even vladdy will like this film, i think.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Yeah, I know. My father was one of those guys. He's going into assisted living tomorrow for alzhiemers. 

20190408_215110.jpg

Sorry to hear about your pops Blargito, but thank him for me and everyone else.

Seriously. The astronauts are the coolest people to ever live. But the people who got them there are just as much a part of it.

Aside from my usual man crushes on people like trout and clint eastwood in heartbreak ridge, those old school NASA employees are cool as hell. Back when being smart was cool....