• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Harvey

Couldn't agree more. While it seemed like Gubicza was over the top in phrase of the 2 seamer and curve, it was really, truly promising. The 2 seamer especially had crazy movement. Sometimes players in a sport follow the new hot thing and leave an opening for someone to do the thing that most are abandoning. That could very well be the case with Harvey and that pitch. The trend has been to abandon it, resulting in batters less familiar with the cut of it (and dear lord did his have a ton of late movement tonight). 

I remember always loving the pitch thanks to Scot Shields. His, especially to lefties, was brutal. Would seem like it was definitely going to hit the batter, then would end up a called strike on the inside edge of the plate. 

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Harvey's performance was very encouraging.  I am now fully a believer that he will be able to dominate a game.

Good news? Yes.

Am I 162 games confident?  No.

Can you be 162 game confident with any pitcher not named Scherzer or Verlander these days?  Obviously there are varying degrees of confidence and performance.  The fact he can dominate a game is critical.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Can you be 162 game confident with any pitcher not named Scherzer or Verlander these days?  Obviously there are varying degrees of confidence and performance.  The fact he can dominate a game is critical.  

So you understand my post.  Thanks.

6 hours ago, Lou said:

is that because you don't like Batman or because it's f'n stupid?

A third, but less likely option is that he’s more of a Marvel mouth-breathing nerd than a DC mouth-breathing nerd. The only way to know for sure is for him to clarify whether he prefers Thanos or Darkseid.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

A third, but less likely option is that he’s more of a Marvel mouth-breathing nerd than a DC mouth-breathing nerd. The only way to know for sure is for him to clarify whether he prefers Thanos or Darkseid.

I'd like to go on record as saying that I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.