• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ichiro

nate

"Bones, are you sure he's retired?!! I can't take any more of these updates and what it's doing to my crew!!"

"Yes, Jim, he's retired. No doubt about it. Put your mind at ease. Do you want a sedative?"

"I do not want a sedative! I just want him to go away and not bother us anymore! We have a mission and it doesn't include Ichiro!"

latest?cb=20150917063012&path-prefix=en

I think it's very cool that he could play his final game as a Mariner and do it in Japan. Truly one of the most entertaining and dedicated baseball players I've ever seen.  His work ethic and prep work for every game is legendary.  More young players should learn from him.  He was always and I mean constantly stretching.  His regimen allowed him to play for a long time.  Phenomenal hitter.  Crazy good defense and a true cannon of an arm. 

27 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I think it was cool, but strange. Good thing the Mariners won both games. 

Mariners taking the division this year? 

Looks like the A’s might be back to their normal selves. All things balanced in the universe. Just as it should be.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I think it's very cool that he could play his final game as a Mariner and do it in Japan. Truly one of the most entertaining and dedicated baseball players I've ever seen.  His work ethic and prep work for every game is legendary.  More young players should learn from him.  He was always and I mean constantly stretching.  His regimen allowed him to play for a long time.  Phenomenal hitter.  Crazy good defense and a true cannon of an arm. 

2 hours ago, Bronson said:

Mariners taking the division this year? 

Looks like the A’s might be back to their normal selves. All things balanced in the universe. Just as it should be.

We're already two games back in the win column.

5 hours ago, True Grich said:

Agreed.

Hate the mariners. But Ichiro was by far one of the coolest players ever. Just knew how to hit, like a Gwynn or Carew. And his glove and arm were insane, not to mention his baserunning.

10 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Ichiro is probably the closest thing to Cobb as a hitter we will see and he wasn’t a racist asshole. 

Ty Cobb knew how to take a walk -- he also had gap power -- over 700 doubles in his career, Ichiro managed maybe half that number.   Ichiro was the all time 55 foot slow roller king.   

He had more in common with Tony Gwynn and Rod Carew than Ty Cobb and event then very different in the way he actually amassed his hits. 

He was IMO very unique.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Kenny Lofton was better. 

Yeah, he was...  and he never made a dent in the HOF voting which is one of the bigger embarrassments along with Bobby Grich.    Lofton and Grich were both one and done -- while Kirby Puckett was a first ballot HOFer and you better believe there will be people making the case that Ichiro should be also...

My only point is that Ichiro was the better hitter.

Besides, I don't know why we even have to talk about Kenny Lofton in a thread about Ichiro.  But this is typical of AW...

I feel very fortunate to have seen a player like Ichiro in my lifetime. His impact on baseball is somewhat historic.  He disproved a lot of critics along the way.  Amazing talent and his defense was every bit as good as his hitting.